Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

34years ago when we built our house i was there every day from the time they drovethe stake with the permit til final walk thru....when i saw a sub par / broken & repaired stud i took a picture of it then knocked it out. Once the contractor was there and said they were having trouble with vandalism and had to repair before they could go on. I told him it was me and he said i couldn't do that. I asked him if he wanted to go with me tomorrow to the home office and explain the pictures to to the builder and registrars of contractors. He sId no and i never had any more problems with the framing.

The OP unfortunately has no experience in building but has at least the eye to spot studs that 99.7% of the population would be suspicious of. Not to be rude, but they must have seen you coming(it was the lowest bid wasn't it?). I can't imagine any builder trying to pass that stuff off. Now, if Mexicans are on the job that's another wrinkle. They are about as smart as rocks sometimes. I was having a tile floor installed in the kitchen. When the helper went to the store for more tile the Lot/Run No. was different. Didn't matter to him, he just kept on putting them down. All that had to be jacked out(more dust all over the house) and replaced.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Rifleman, I used a general contractor to build a house last year and man did I learn a lot! Building methods and materials have changed dramatically in the last 20 years. Waste of materials drove me nuts as did quality of work and it wasn't because the subcontractors couldn't do good quality of work they just looked to cut every corner they could get away with.
    I had issues with the concrete, framing, nailing of the zip board, finish carpenters, plumbers and brick layers. I didn't win all of my arguments.

Another man that had a new house built down the road was diagnosed and treated for cancer after he stared building his house. The man said if he had to pick between having cancer and building another new house he would pick the cancer.
    Last edited by Sako; 09-15-2017 at 06:24.

Blog Entries

Not true, Dryheat.....One of the 3 largest builders, at that time, here in the valley

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

oh, you are in Phoenix. Everything they build out here is *hit!!
    I had some moron going to do some remodeling and wanted to stick in studs that looked like a drill bit they were so twisted. I canned the guy.
    He has either gone out of business or has changed the name of his outfit. Another B.S. Artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sako View Post
    Rifleman, I used a general contractor to build a house last year and man did I learn a lot! Building methods and materials have changed dramatically in the last 20 years. Waste of materials drove me nuts as did quality of work and it wasn't because the subcontractors couldn't do good quality of work they just looked to cut every corner they could get away with.
    I had issues with the concrete, framing, nailing of the zip board, finish carpenters, plumbers and brick layers. I didn't win all of my arguments.

Another man that had a new house built down the road was diagnosed and treated for cancer after he stared building his house. The man said if he had to pick between having cancer and building another new house he would pick the cancer.
    From someone who has just been down the cancer route what he stated is amazing...at least to me. Chemo is tough, being cooked from the inside out is tougher!!!
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    From someone who has just been down the cancer route what he stated is amazing...at least to me. Chemo is tough, being cooked from the inside out is tougher!!!
    Sam
    Sam, I am sure his statement was tongue in cheek and his wasn't as serious as what you have been through.

8. Default

No actually This builder is normally awesome framing a house. I have walked thru every home they have framed in the last 6 months...and they welcomed it. I walked thru 3 houses today that where framed the same week as mine and they are excellent. My foreman is on his honeymoon so I really can't explain wth is going on but it is sureal. I called the bldg inspectors and they just blew me off. Everyone just thought I was making noise out of nothing and figured they would let kyle deal with me when he got back. Finally someone emailed me that those two board where bad and should never have been used...trying to appease me. I explained to him that in the 4 days he ignored me 34 more like it where used in the outside load bearing walls and the 2nd floor was now framed and in just as bad cond. Anyone know a good Attorney in Indy?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rifleman; 09-17-2017 at 07:37.

Shows you who the inspectors work for in your area. I would stop work on the house till your foreman decides to come back to work.

10. Default

Exactly what I am thinking Allen. My wife and I have documented the heck out of it, literally every board in the house. I called the local news station attack dog, we'll see how that all goes tomorrow. I gave the builder a deadline of 14:00 TOMORROW or I talk to the media no turning back.