Default Bergers are so pretty

These bullets are so good looking, I almost hate to load them, almost.

Semper Fi
    Art

they are. but they're not just for lookin' at.

Pretty, yes and pretty expensive also. I do not use Berger bullets as I still have thousands of Remington Core-loks, Winchester power points and silver tips purchased from Midway when they had their monthly truck load sales. Over the years I have bought bullets at estate sales and never will have to buy bullets from anyone for the the rest of my life.
    I believe a bullet is only as good as the guy squeezing the trigger so maybe a Berger is a great bullet but it might not shoot for your rifle.
    All bullets are indeed beautiful in my opinion.
    Matt
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"

Berger is helpful in that they list on the box their suggestion for what rifle twist rate is best for that particular bullet. For the casual reloader, that means no research needed prior to shopping. I use the .22 cal. Berger FB Varmint in my .22-250 for groundhogs out to 350 yards. They do fine. AND they ARE pretty things.
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

I use Berger in a long range rifle that did not shoot Hornady ELD M bulletd near as well. I wait till they are on sale in the 250 or 500 count box and grin and bear it. They are expensive but if they work in a particular gun another 10 or 11 cents per trigger pull is worth it to me. For most of my guns the SMK or Hornady ELD Ms work.