Default 1911A1 Magazine Question

I have several marked 19200-ASSY 5508694 MFR 1M291. Are these USGI replacement magazines?

Some of those with all the markings on the base are fakes. I can't find my information on which ones are.

I would stick with the earlier GI magazines.

I bought a supply of these years ago. Thinking they were GI issue and would work. They didn't and I got rid of them. Don't know if they were fake or the real deal just that mine were very poor quality.

Quote Originally Posted by hyrax222 View Post
    I have several marked 19200-ASSY 5508694 MFR 1M291. Are these USGI replacement magazines?
    You have Check Mate magazines like sold by the CMP.

https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/PS45MAGA

I purchased MFR 30745 magazines in JUL 2007 packaging that were thought to be fake .

MFR. 30745
    MASON-RUST CO
    PITTSBURGH, PA 15200
    Date CAGE Code Established: 11/4/1974

Post #280 http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...574#post915574

I asked him specifically about the MFR. 30745 magazines supposedly made by Manson Rust found today at gunshows and on the auction sites normally wrapped in heat sealed paper pouches. Bill says Mason Rust rec'd one contract to clean up a bridge but never completed it and that the company never made any ordnance material, as far as he can find. I've seen photos of a couple 30745 magazines that appeared USGI but evidently they were fakes along with the ones obviously not made to spec.
    Last edited by gwp; 09-11-2017 at 10:00.

Thanks to all who replied!

I got these from a career Army man who shot match in the 70's-80's. I assume he sourced the from the armored or quartermaster...

Quote Originally Posted by hyrax222 View Post
    Thanks to all who replied!

I got these from a career Army man who shot match in the 70's-80's. I assume he sourced the from the armored or quartermaster...
    Magazines were expendable and supply would not press the issue unless you made a habit of keeping them.