Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mine were a couple of months. My fault though, I chose to send them when Mark was between batches and running other projects. Worth the wait in my opinion.

2. Default

Yeah I think I'll be out a couple months too. Worth it IMO, especially to ensure it has a Marine receiver. I was able to send off the small receiver parts to be installed, as well as the bolt and barrel to be headspaced. Makes life a lot easier !

Everything is HRA too. Very excited to see how it turns out. I'm thinking of actually sending it for a Norrell finish instead. Comes out a little lighter and well worn. Pretty pumped. Too bad I'm impatient haha

This is the first USGI heeled one I did a couple of years ago. All Winchester including bolt, barrel, op rod, stock, trigger group and as may small parts as I could identify. Wanted it to be as close as I could come to my Corps issued in Viet Nam in 1967.

Semper Fi
    Art

4. Default

That's gorgeous Art. Definitely the look I'm going for.

Who did you serve with in Vietnam?

Also, where did you get the selector lock? Sparrowhawk?

I was at Chu Lai with VMFA 115.
    Yep, my friend Hawk makes the kits. Another Marine. He was just at my place last week for a little scope work and I re-crowned the M40A1 build he is working on. We had a ball shooting on my range.

6. Default

Good stuff! I've been more into WWI-Korea history but since I've decided to do this M14 build I've been diving into USMC Nam history.

I was with 3/5 and went to the 'Stan' not the 'Nam'.

I'll have to shoot him an email. From talking to other vets the selector lock is more appropriate than the switch. Also, that kit hides the JRA stamped serial, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliman View Post
    Good stuff! I've been more into WWI-Korea history but since I've decided to do this M14 build I've been diving into USMC Nam history.

I was with 3/5 and went to the 'Stan' not the 'Nam'.

I'll have to shoot him an email. From talking to other vets the selector lock is more appropriate than the switch. Also, that kit hides the JRA stamped serial, correct?
    Thank you for your service.
    Yes, the lock out button is more appropriate. The only time I ever even saw a selector was during our fam classes.
    Yes, the connector rod covers the rail below the op rod groove.

Semper Fi
    Art