Default capture screw help

I need so tech info. I have a 98 Mauser made in 1940 that has the capture screws in the trigger guard. I really need to know what the specs are on the capture screws (the ones with the crescent moon shape in the head). Specifically does anyone know what the specs are on the treads? I need to match the threads with a tap and need to know what tap to use.
    "In God We Trust"

I have that info for German & FN (they are not the same) but its in my workshop in basement. If you can wait till tomorrow I will be back. Of course they are metric, I assume you know. You did not say what Mauser you have, model number, maker would help.
    You can never go home again.

One way to determine thread size is to take your screw to either Lowes or Home Depot and use their sample thread gauges which are basically an assortment of nuts mounted on a bracket marked with corresponding thread sizes.

German------------ ----------------------- F.N. ------------------ Czech--- as far as I have checked these follow the German size's.
    Lock screw--M3.5X0.6------------------M3.0X0.6
    TG Action screws; 1/4X22 --------------- same?
    Rear site; 4.x07
    Clean Rod; 4.X07------------------------- 4.X0.7 ------------- Larger dia. rod, threads the same.

While you are buying tap get the dies also, one day you will have to clean up screw threads.
    Last edited by dave; 09-09-2017 at 05:35.
    You can never go home again.

Thanks for the help Dave!!! It is a 237 code so it is German made. I just got it from the grandson of the vet who captured it. It is ALL matching and its only problem is with one of the capture screws. Thanks again for the help.
    "In God We Trust"