Default Got a couple of spare bucks and want to go for a WWII flight?

That 2,759 Pounds to fly out of Duxford(Dougie Bader's "Big Wing" stomping grounds. He commanded RCAF 242 Sqdn. at the time) will run you $3,596.28 USD.
    Nice of them to 'price match' the 30 minute 'Over the Channel" hop though.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I'm actually going to be in the South of England in a week or so but I just checked my ticket for yesterday's lottery and didn't win, so its no go for me.

My wife and I will be visiting the Bovington Tank Museum so that will have to do instead.

A 20-30 minute ride in a restored WW2 B-17 cost me $300 a few years ago. The roar of those 4 engines was ultra thrilling!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    A 20-30 minute ride in a restored WW2 B-17 cost me $300 a few years ago. The roar of those 4 engines was ultra thrilling!
    Stupid, here, turned down a B-17 flight in 2001 because I thought the price too high at $100. I regret not doing it!

Cool

Got U all beat!
    I've been up in a B 17 three (3) times. NEVER been in a B17 when it landed! I also have the same record for a C 46 transport.
    None of which cost me anything.
    Sarge
    Last edited by Sarge; 09-09-2017 at 12:08.
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Got U all beat!
    I've been up in a B 17 three (3) times. NEVER been in a B17 when it landed! I also have the same record for a C 46 transport.
    None of which cost me anything.
    Sarge
    Thanks Sarge.

KTK

Got my ride in a F100F. Pilot asked me if I knew what an Immelman was. Unfortunately I did!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Got my ride in a F100F. Pilot asked me if I knew what an Immelman was. Unfortunately I did!
    Once, when I was on war games I crested a small knoll and there was a F100 coming straight at me at about 50 feet. I dived in the ditch along side the road and when he got right above me he cut in his burner. KABOOM! Blew gravel on me and scared the bejeezes out of me.