Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by M1Tommy View Post
    I might suggest a Giraud Power Trimmer. I have one in storage. Unfortunately, as I have just moved and am still unpacking, I won't be using it for some months.
    If you'd like to borrow it, paying only shipping and buying your own trim head, holler my way via email. It might save you a few hundred dollars and 'get you caught up'..... just thinking aloud.

m1sshooter *AT* yahoo *DOT* com

Sincerely,
    Tommy
    Tommy I appreciate the thought. I like having my own equipment and don't mind spending the money to get it. My Dad taught me that cheap is expensive, but don't spend money that you don't have to. I have always taken Dad's advice to heart and that was 50 years ago I was taught the lesson. I am adding a padded stool with a back to it for my reloading...funny I never thought of this as it is a fantastic idea. My 550 Dillon has already one rebuild on it's history and still going strong so no problem there. What is odd is that my equipment is "vintage" and parts are no longer available as most is "Pacific". I have $1500 earmarked for new/replacement equipment and will replace any worn equipment or supplement what I currently have. Again, thanks for the kind thought.
    Sam

OK, understand... and you're welcome. IMHO, the Giraud trimmer (and de-burrer (sp?) ), while pricey, is good.
    Sincerely, Tommy

3. Default

99.9% of my reloading is .308 and .223 and I use these Giraud trimmers: http://www.giraudtool.com/giraud-tri-way-trimmer.html That way I don't have to do any tool set up, just chuck them in a drill and go to work. I use a Forster for all the small volume stuff. If you're loading more calibers than a couple, the complete trimmer is a better deal. Once you trim a few hundred cases on either type of Giraud machine, you're hooked!

I use both the Giraud trimmer and his case annealer for 30-06,.308,.223 and now 6.5 Creedmoor. Best investments I have made to my re-loading equipment. Been at it for over 50 years and still going strong.

Semper Fi
    Art

Now that's a serious reloader setup you have!