Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just curious...

Default Just curious...

Where or how do you do your reloading? Still working on Wolfs Lair and it is coming along nicely.
    Sam

I have a temporary bench set up in the basement (just moved)... but I'll be building a permanent workbench this winter. I use an old LEE Challenger press. I have a couple scales (digital and beam), a powder drop (which I'm not using until I get the bench built), and I do my cleaning and processing on a separate table. Of course, I only load for match shooting and occasional range plinking and practice (a few hundred or so a month), so the single stage works fine for me. After I get my permanent bench built, I'll probably spend the rest of the winter loading so I don't have to load much next summer, LOL
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

This is where I reload
    [img]
    Last edited by swampyankee; 09-01-2017 at 09:30.

WOW

I haven't got the inside finished in my 10x16' building and already feeling cramped. My reloading bench is 25"deep and 15' long. I made it out of several 2x6x16 nailed to the studs, it won't move at all! Right now I am in the process of building a smaller area to cast in, a 8x12' to keep under our counties 100 square foot tax rule. I would do pictures now but they wouldn't show much except 2x6's in most places.
    Sam

My room is 12'X16' and it is too small, should have made it larger. I originally thought I could put a couple chairs and a small fridge in it when my shooting buddies came over but after adding safes and storage cabinets on the other walls it filled up quick. It is surprising how much gear we collect as the years roll on. It doesn't help that I'm a bit of a shooting hoarder and can't throw anything away. Don't put a TV in it as I don't think I have put it on in a year. I going to take it out and add more shelves, the more shelves the better.Keep us posted on your room.

Geezuz, I feel so inadequate. My bench is on one end of my living room. Living alone has a lotta benefits. snicker.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Geezuz, I feel so inadequate. My bench is on one end of my living room. Living alone has a lotta benefits. snicker.
    When I bought my room it was my intentions to have it to myself, now my bride has claimed 1/4 for her sewing and now wants a wall to hang her quilt parts to see how they fit before she sews them. Luckily outside the door I have room to expand, so I am. Propane will be delivered and plumbed in two weeks, waiting on the reval on having electricity installed.
    Sam
    P.S, for the single guys remember if she asks can she leave just a couple of things in your place beware! Pretty soon your stuff becomes hers, I drive a standard so my Jeep stays mine!
    Last edited by S.A. Boggs; 09-01-2017 at 10:22.

In my living room once I tumble the brass in the garage.

In my basement which has constant temperature of 68 degrees and 25% humidity. Bench is 8 foot long by 24 inches deep. Shelves above and below. My gun safe is just behind me as I do the reloading and gun maintenance.