Default 7.7x58 Arisaka stripper clips?

Where to locate some?

A buddy jut got is Arisaka back from smith for confirming ready to go for the November deer season.

Thanks for responses.
    JHR

Originals are rare, and quite hard to find. I have a few originals that my son and I use. I believe he can use the same strippers that we use with the 1903 (the Swedish ones. They're plentiful).

Stupid question, but why does anyone need a stripper clip for hunting. They only serve to rapidly charge a magazine... but if there's no rush (like loading for hunting), then there's no reason to have to quickly charge the magazine. You can easily load five into an Arisaka by hand.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

I compared the headspace dimension between the 30-06 and 7.7mm Arisaka, understand now that the use of the 03 Springfield charger.

Those I have for him.

7.7x58mm and 30-06 both have the same rim dimensions. Back in the dark ages (before Norma and PPU started producing useable brass), shooters used to form 7.7 out of 30-06 cases. Now-a-days, that's not necessary.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

"...have the same rim dimensions..." Not quite but it's only 3 thou. A 7.62NATO stripper clip should work. Easy to come by and inexpensive.
    "...stripper clip for hunting..." Lets you carry 5 rounds that are not just loose in your pocket.
    "...before Norma..." That's a very long time ago. Norma made 7.7 Jap 40 or more years ago.
    Spelling and grammar count!

That's true. Most of the brass I have is Norma, and some of it is headstamped Norma Re. And yes, I do understand about why you would carry spares in a stripper.

On a side note, while perusing Venders Row at Camp Perry, there was a guy who had a baggie marked 100 rounds of 7.7x58mm Jap brass, and priced at almost $70. When I checked the headstamps, they were ALL reformed 30-06!!! I bet some unsuspecting naive person paid that much for it too. I was quickly shown the door when I mentioned his ridiculous price!

Isn't the headspace. Cartridges do not have headspace.
    Midway lists Prvi and Norma 7.7 Jap brass at $28.99 per 50 and $39.99 per 25 respectively. They have 6.5 Jap too. Same prices at Graf's. Pretty much the same as the guy at Perry except for the head stamp.
    Last edited by Sunray; 09-01-2017 at 09:39.
    Spelling and grammar count!

PPU is great brass. Norma is also great brass... but priced almost 1/3 more than PPU. Think I may order a couple hundred pieces of brass this winter!

BTW, the guy as Perry's brass was used... and not even cleaned, LOL!