Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Us '06 ap

Default Us '06 ap

I asked about value on this below. Went thru the whole lot and head stamps are 54 & some 55. 20 rnd. CMP boxes but not original AP boxes. 224 rnds. I wish to sell (gun shows) do not want to give it away but like to price low enough so it sells. What would you all suggest?? Thanks for suggestions.
    You can never go home again.

54 and 55 headstamp brass is NC primed. If it's relatively clean, not too tarnished, then it will move at $1 a round. I'd start at 10 for $15 at a gun show and see if you get interest. A lot depends on if people understand what they're looking at. Many don't. Maybe a sectioned bullet on hand for display and sales education.

That is about what I was thinking, 30 bucks for box of 20. But w/o original boxes collector interest is gone. Its very clean, no tarnish or corrosion, but most of the black tip paint has worn off or been removed. Strictly for shooting.

There's a sealed can of 432 rounds of .30 AP in clips on bandoleers currently on Gunbroker at $899.95 with no bids. No date given.
    Another guy thinks 500 rounds on stripper clips is worth $1250. Same guy thinks 100 rounds is worth $250.
    ammogarand.com wants $48.95 per 20(that's over $2 each) for 50's vintage LC, loose packed, .30 AP. Non-corrosive and boxer primed.
    Issue is if you put it on a table at too low a price it'll be suspected of not being what you say by the party goers.
    Spelling and grammar count!

The gun show I set up at here in MI. is small and does not attract a lot of hi money spenders, more tire kickers then anything. I no longer spend the hi rentals on tables at bigger shows. I will have a magnet which will help convince doubters, I hope. I will just never use it, no longer shoot big bore anymore, just too old, otherwise my son will get it when I'm gone.

But why is it so popular and expensive????? I know its very accurate but that only shows at longer ranges, right?

6. Default

I have a 30 cal. ammo can 3/4 full of pulled 30/06 AP bullets, I shot the powder and put the cases into rotation. I am left with a 30 cal. ammo can full of 30/06 AP ammo in enblock Garand clips, there is nothing like that new can smell when removing the lid.

F. Guffey

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    . . . . I will have a magnet which will help convince doubters, I hope. . . . . .
    I hope you realize GI ammo does NOT have to be AP to attract a magnet!

Dave is right. A lot of standard M2 ball ammo has a steel jacket. The list of gun ranges that do not allow AP ammo is increasing quite quickly and over all the value may soon start dropping as less and less people can shoot it.

I have good luck putting a sign on the ammo can advertising it is AP.

10. Default

Dave is right.
    Many years ago we had streaker ammo, the bullet streaked the barrel as it passed through. It was about that time shooters greased their bullets to reduce streaking because the streaks were something else to remove when cleaning the barrel.

And then Federal got into the manufacturing of ammo, they loaded some 45 ACP that would jump onto your magnet.

F. Guffey