Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No.
    Sam

No, I'm in the center of it, Clarendon county sc and could care less.

3. Default

An event that doesn't happen very often, and I will certainly observe it. Rather watch that than a hockey game.

I saw a total eclipse in '54 in Peru. I was going to school, and the Christian Brothers, who ran the school had set up a device like a reverse telescope -- if focused the sun an a sheet of cardboard, and you could watch the eclipse that way.

Like most of us, I've seen several partial eclipses, but it would be nice to be able to see the corona effect live. But, for a number of reasons, that is not going to happen.

Won't matter here. Supposed to be raining. Again. Wont matter if you're inside working either.
    "...don't think D.C. is in the path..." Nope. Nowhere near either. SC.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I'll be glad when it is over--tired of hearing about it.

east of Eden in the land of Nod on the boulevard of broken dreams

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    I'm old enough that I've seen partial eclipses. It's kind of cool to see the weird shadows on the ground(better than looking at the thing). I don't think D.C. is in the path. It's going through FL. I like night time photo shoots. I dig meteors. I saw one while out camping that was awesome. I just missed seeing this one; I was up a 4:00 a.m. but wasn't outside. It was estimated to be 10 ft' across. The high alt. wind twisted the contrail. Kind of like the Vandenberg missiles. The second pic is one I captured a year ago. It's not a big deal, but it was a big deal to me. The eclipse is a big deal not because it's a lucky shot or anything. Likely astronomers have figured out the next fifty of them into the year 15050, but it's a reminder that big things move around in our neighborhood and I hope some six year old remembers it.
    Attachment 41858
    You missed the annual Persieds meteor shower that peaked about a week ago ,
    BUT your in luck the annual Leonids meteor shower peaks around November 17th this year
    g8998g99g898gg98g98g8.jpg
    Hang the bitch , because simply fading away shouldn't be an option
    "Les Deplorables"

I was out for the persieds, but it sucked for me. I got the shot I posted above a year ago during the persieds. This year, no meteors(while I was out) and it was buggy and hot and I dropped a lens in the dark.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Actually, I am interested in the event itself. Neat display of nature. I could give a flying ***K about all the greed, hoopla, and BS that are generated by the media and those hoping to profit from it.