Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

Wife and I was at the hospital when she received a email from her 16 year old niece telling her what a terrible event it was going to be and to keep ourselves and the pets inside tomorrow , I laughed and said they're in these kids heads bad aren't they ?
    Kenneth

2. Default

Heck yeah I'm going to watch it. Got two pairs of glasses for the wife and me. We'll stand in the back yard and have a good look. Grill some bratwurst and have a few beers when it's over. It will make a good day.
    I enjoy the night sky all through the year. Lots to see. Mans' been looking up since the beginning. I won't stop.

Great news !!!! After tomorrow we won't have to hear about another eclipse till 4/8/2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Great news !!!! After tomorrow we won't have to hear about another eclipse till 4/8/2024.
    Oh yeah you will hear more! The media will work it to death for at least another week! In my location, we have heavy cloud cover which simulates an eclipse. Animals don't generally look up when it gets darker. They don't care and neither do we.

5. Default

At least it took some of the politics off the news.

Western PA had about 70% coverage max. I thought it was cool to see since it might be the last one for a while.

The media will blame Trump for killing the sun, and boast the Democrats brought it back to life.

I remember a partial eclipse, in the 90s I think, that had the birds singing their evening songs. That was kind of cool.

my daughter watched the partial (south east michigan) and about 230 she said the crickets started chirping which was kind of odd for her..

when i got home from work, i got the box view she made and looked at it a little bit and found it interesting...

we had taped a show on Science and they showed the totality of it with the corona, the diamond ring and the Bailey Beads. i am glad i go to see it. it is quite the phenomena...

My wife announced today at the last possible moment that she wanted to see the eclipse. The glasses have been sold out for weeks I believe and I wouldn't know where to go to get any anyway so I got out my welding helmet and cleaned it up. We looked at the sun when it was about 10%, went inside, then came out about 10 minutes later and it had gone to 80% or more. At this point you could just look up at it with no protection, but not stare at it long. Then came a biga$$ black cloud, perhaps the same one that has come EVERY day for the past 7 months. This killed everything---no more sun for the rest of the day. Who needs an eclipse? I wonder how many people took time off of work, traveled for hours, fought the crowds and traffic and got an overcast sky.