Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Solar Eclipse - Do you care?

Me, not much. If I remember I might look at it.

How about you?

KTK

2. Default

Meh. Me neither and dont look at it. Can cause eye damage.

I would rather see a tsunami but considering all of the safety requirements it would have to meet, no danger to me, others and no property damage. The chance is about zero.

leftyo Guest

not overly interested, nor concerned.

east of Eden in the land of Nod on the boulevard of broken dreams

It's like a well advertised HollyWeird BlockBuster that looks great in the previews but puts you to sleep in a couple of minutes ,
    it's anticlimactic in spades. Your left thinking "Is that all there is?"
    Give me a clear night sky & a good meteor shower anytime.
    Last edited by ray55classic; 08-19-2017 at 07:13.
    Hang the bitch , because simply fading away shouldn't be an option
    "Les Deplorables"

5. Default

Nope.

I might glance at it just to say I saw it. Can't be any worse in damage than turning a corner and having the sun in your eyes. Of course then you react and turn away. Have to remember to do that with an eclipse.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Nope don't care either.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminvirginia View Post
    Meh. Me neither and dont look at it. Can cause eye damage.

I would rather see a tsunami but considering all of the safety requirements it would have to meet, no danger to me, others and no property damage. The chance is about zero.
    I'll put on a welding helmet with a #10 shade.

KTK
    Last edited by Ken The Kanuck; 08-19-2017 at 08:23.

While driving around our nations capital I noticed that all of the roadside announcement signs are reminding motorists that there is an eclipse on Monday and that- PARKING IS NOT ALLOWED ON INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS. I wouldn't have thought the reminder necessary, but having experience with driving in the D.C. area I understand the need. The problem I see is that since the signs are in english, about 90% of those seeing the signs can't understand them.
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.

I'm old enough that I've seen partial eclipses. It's kind of cool to see the weird shadows on the ground(better than looking at the thing). I don't think D.C. is in the path. It's going through FL. I like night time photo shoots. I dig meteors. I saw one while out camping that was awesome. I just missed seeing this one; I was up a 4:00 a.m. but wasn't outside. It was estimated to be 10 ft' across. The high alt. wind twisted the contrail. Kind of like the Vandenberg missiles. The second pic is one I captured a year ago. It's not a big deal, but it was a big deal to me. The eclipse is a big deal not because it's a lucky shot or anything. Likely astronomers have figured out the next fifty of them into the year 15050, but it's a reminder that big things move around in our neighborhood and I hope some six year old remembers it.
    _DSC4836.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dryheat; 08-19-2017 at 09:49. Reason: added a little something
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.