1. Default Dane M1 Garand's

I was just on the CMP Forum looking at the field grade Winchesters that have been arriving and was surprised at the number of danish rifles. It was like a time warp to me seeing the serial numbers stamped on the bottom of the stock, sight in sticker and disk cut out. I don't follow like I once did so this is probably not news to most of you I'm sure...just surprised they still have Danes after what, 15 years? I ordered one for old time sake, at double the price I paid back when.

Does anyone remember how many Danes where received by the CMP back in the day?
    Last edited by Rifleman; 08-19-2017 at 10:59.

Denmark: Received 69,810 M1 rifles. But that doesn't mean we got exactly that many back.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

The CMP gets whatever the DOD gives 'em. I imagine there's all kinds of assorted stuff coming from Allied countries.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I bought a Dane Winchester from CMP quite a few years ago. I think I paid $400 for it. Sold it recently for $1000.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    I bought a Dane Winchester from CMP quite a few years ago. I think I paid $400 for it. Sold it recently for $1000.
    bought one for that price myself, and another that was less wood when I was a Perry a year or so later,

no intention on selling either