Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troll

Default Troll

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

This ring a bell? Stop feeding the xxxxers and they will go away.

KTK

Amen!!

Somehow they think one of their many entitlements is to be entertained by the rest of us.

Alternatively, you can report them to me if they are committing misconduct, and I will give 'em the ole boot!

Quote Originally Posted by SysAd View Post
    Alternatively, you can report them to me if they are committing misconduct, and I will give 'em the ole boot!
    Believe me, she will!
    Sam

Thanks Pat!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Thanks Pat!
    How you doing Fred?
    Sam

Pat, after reading many (too many) of Sandpebble's and Togor's posts all they seem to want to do is "sow discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people".

I too will often have a different point of view with other posters, but not every time. It is getting old.

As I said if we would stop feeding the xxxxers they will go away as it is only attention that they seek, not a intelligent exchange of thoughts.

We should be capable of keeping care of this ourselves and not need big sister.

KTK

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    How you doing Fred?
    Sam
    Hi Sam! I'm doin alright these days. My arthritic spine is stiff and aches, but my wife lets me just loaf around doing nothing all day but drinking Ale and eating whatever fine cooking she creates in her kitchen.
    We're building another big ol patio way out back out of about 150 tons of rock and stone. This one will have an upper and a lower patio with two big ol pools, a natural spring looking fountain, a Seven foot waterfall, about a 30 foot winding stream. It'll be great when it's finished because I could use the rest.
    How've YOU been Sam?

Who gets to define trolling? Are we getting politically correct here boys and girls? Do we need safe spaces? Are we being triggered? Jeeezuussss! Grow up and act like adults would you please?
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dolt View Post
    Who gets to define trolling? Are we getting politically correct here boys and girls? Do we need safe spaces? Are we being triggered? Jeeezuussss! Grow up and act like adults would you please?
    And if given the "boot" they will just come back under different user names and continue. I feel the 2 mentioned above along with maybe one or two others are the same person. Every time one responds the other responds as well. Like mentioned many times here the "ignore list" is a good tool to have.