Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We have suffered from the postings of several "members', whose sole intent was to destroy the forums found here. There are numbers of real enthusiasts who still visit here and will show up again. On top of that, many of us don't get to the range as often as we used to. Regards, Clark

I was thinking that, if at all possible, a link to the new site at the address of the old site would bring people back. Not sure if it's possible but I think that would sure help.

Blog Entries

that room is way too neat to be a reloading room,,,,

just saying

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post

Blog Entries

Yes, Waaay too neat.

What kind of press is that? I've never seen a shell holder like that before.

I have an old Pacific C press that is as old or older than me. I won't say how old I am but when I went into the military, they issued me a club and told me I had to kill my first uniform. The shell holder is machined into the ram and it came with two rams; one for .38 and one for '06. To change caliber, you change the ram. I discovered the '06 ram will accept the button shell holders for other calibers so one less set up step.

I also have an old Herters C press under my bench (boy is that thing built for stout!) but I don't have room for two presses right now. My RCBS dies do fit, and it doesn't appear to have an adapter installed.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Yes, Waaay too neat.

What kind of press is that? I've never seen a shell holder like that before.

I have an old Pacific C press that is as old or older than me. I won't say how old I am but when I went into the military, they issued me a club and told me I had to kill my first uniform. The shell holder is machined into the ram and it came with two rams; one for .38 and one for '06. To change caliber, you change the ram. I discovered the '06 ram will accept the button shell holders for other calibers so one less set up step.

I also have an old Herters C press under my bench (boy is that thing built for stout!) but I don't have room for two presses right now. My RCBS dies do fit, and it doesn't appear to have an adapter installed.
    Just my old Rock Chucker. Been trying to wear it out for over 50 years so I might find a new one. Looks like it will still be chugging along after I get planted.
    RCBS competition seater with the high shell holder. I have run many 10s of thousands of rounds with that setup over the years. Keep it greased and it just won't quit.

Took me awhile to find the new site. I think I have been through 3 or 4 forum changes (including at least 1 re-registration, I think) since I started on the forum) A lot of good people have come and gone here. Some because of changes in interests and some because of the loons that have invaded the forum, at times. I haven't bought a M1 in about 7 or 8 years(when CMP went over 700 bucks for a service grade) and haven't bought ammo since CMP went over .50 for ball. Two reasons for not buying ammo: 1. I have more than I will ever shoot(yes, you can have to much). and 2. I figured to leave some for the folks that were getting their first rifle and needed proper ammo to get started. I have several nice rifles but the holes in my collection are such that if I tried to fill them, it would cost more than I have spent on 10 of the guns I already own.

I do not shoot service rifle anymore(no close matches)And if I did, it would be with an AR platform, unless it was a vintage match. The last registered match I shot in was all AR except for two M1As and my lone Garand. So my interest has moved to other things. I still stop by every few days/weeks to see what is going on. I do not post regularly, mostly I just lurk and learn. I do miss the old days when you could chat with some of the big boys in the Garand field and could converse with the Major and Gloria but we were all younger then. I will continue to stop by but I am an old man and the world moves on.