Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ate at KFC today

And it will the last time I set foot in one. The place was so filthy I googled, "what's wrong with KFC". It's a chain that is declining. Kind of like Burger King did when the Brit outfit took them over and ran it by remote control.
    My alarms were going off when my foot got stuck to the gunk on the floor while ordering. I nearly walked out then. The food came and we sat down. The more I saw the worse it got. It got way worse. I'm going to write letters.
    Last edited by dryheat; 08-13-2017 at 10:41.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    You need to write to the right person. KFC's are franchised operations and the company also owns Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. If your local KFC has problems it is likely because of the Franchisee owner. A lot of them have been passed down to heirs and are not as well run now as they once were.

true. if enough people complain they will pull his franchise.

I have three in my area and two of them are as you described the third one is immaculate. All the employees are clean and friendly. If the order takes a little longer than it should they always give something free. Of course the third one is almost always busy and the other two you can walk right in with no waiting.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    And it will the last time I set foot in one. The place was so filthy I googled, "what's wrong with KFC". It's a chain that is declining. Kind of like Burger King did when the Brit outfit took them over and ran it by remote control.
    My alarms were going off when my foot got stuck to the gunk on the floor while ordering. I nearly walked out then. The food came and we sat down. The more I saw the worse it got. It got way worse. I'm going to write letters.
    About a month ago we went to one and were informed they were closing so their menu was drastically shortened and they didn't have what we wanted so we left.

There was only one left in my area (the whole county). It has closed but while it was open it was extremely clean and kept friendly personel. Perhaps the rent was too high? Popeye's chicken couldn't make it here either. This is a county full of $, overpopulation and tourism too. All we have now is Chick-fil-a, Zaxby's and the deli at Walmart. I miss the chicken pot pies at KFC.

3G Capital owns Burger King. Offices in NYC and Rio de Janeiro. No mention of Britain at all. They own Heinz, Kraft, Tim Horton's(over priced coffee and tiny dough nuts) and Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen.
    KFC(where the secret ingredient is salt) hasn't been right since The Colonel died in 1980.
    Spelling and grammar count!

The Brits had Burger King years ago. I knew someone else took them over and revamped the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Stayed at a Motel 6 in Gunnison Colorado one summer. It boasted a "buffet breakfast" I got up the next morning and the breakfast was set out on several cafeteria tables with dirty table cloths. Number 10 cans of strawberry jelly, peanut butter, margarine and orange marmalade with butter knives sticking out of them comprised the condiments. Loafs of store bread still in the wrapper were set out for toast. The whole place was dirty. Manager was not American. I will leave that last sentence to stimulate conversation. Cheers!
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment

I sent in a "review" of my dining experience at KFC a week ago. I was required to give some personal information, which I was happy to do. I got a reply apologizing to me for my experience which, "does not reflect their cleanliness expectations"(I'm paraphrasing here since I'll have to dig up the post). It was signed by someone with an Indian sounding name.
    That takes some guts. It could have been signed by Bob Smith, you know, the same Bob you talk to in India when you have computer problems.

never had hygiene issues with them in my area..food is good, place is clean and attendants are friendly.
    maybe you should talk to the management.