Default H&r 22 special 7 shot top break help

I have this old revolver s/n 507778 that has a few broken and worn parts. I would like to try to find some replacement parts. My problem is I found a parts view for h&r 22 cal 7 shot top break pistol but some parts on
    the diagram are different or not on the pistol I have. I suspect but am not sure this may earlier than the parts
    view. Does anyone know if h&r may have used the some of the same parts on similar pistols. My understanding
    is that their earlier records are lost but don't know this for certain. If anyone can point me in the right direction
    I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by ut1seabee; 08-15-2017 at 11:12.

east of Eden in the land of Nod on the boulevard of broken dreams

Give this guy a look see or a call he handles H&R parts
    http://www.gun-parts.com/harringtonrichardson/
    Hang the bitch , because simply fading away shouldn't be an option
    "Les Deplorables"

Thanks for the link. I had checked it out,there may be a part or two I can use.

First of all you need a model number or name. H&R made many different revolvers, dozens, probably more. I have one from the 60's, 9 shot 22, same frame was used for a .38 special model.
    You can never go home again.

On the left side of the barrel: H.&R."22 SPECIAL" On the right: 22 RIM FIRE Top of rib: HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON ARMS CO.
    WORCESTER,MASSACHUSETTS, U.S.A.
    Serial no. or last 3 no's on some parts. Grip no's do not match all others match. 7 shot.
    Last edited by ut1seabee; 08-15-2017 at 11:13.

That is what you have to tell the parts dealers, I know next to nothing about H&R revolvers, mine is marked Mod. 926
    You can never go home again.

7. Default Just joined & I need help

I have a H & R .22 double action top break revolver, I have been searching all over trying to get answers as to what model this is & what was the original barrel length. The barrel was cut down why, I couldn't tell you but on the left side of the barrel it has, pecial" on the right side it has 22 rim fire, there is no front sight. The gun fires but its like the hammer don't hit the ammo right all of the time, its got a strange looking hammer, I was thinking maybe its just worn short, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks By the way, the serial number is 511105 thanks again
    Last edited by JerseyJohn; 10-09-2020 at 08:57.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJohn View Post
    I have a H & R .22 double action top break revolver, I have been searching all over trying to get answers as to what model this is & what was the original barrel length. The barrel was cut down why, I couldn't tell you but on the left side of the barrel it has, pecial" on the right side it has 22 rim fire, there is no front sight. The gun fires but its like the hammer don't hit the ammo right all of the time, its got a strange looking hammer, I was thinking maybe its just worn short, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks By the way, the serial number is 511105 thanks again

pictures would help. but i think h&r madel 7 shot models listed as hunter or trappers special.

Default H & R revolver 22 rim fire

Here is a photo of mine, this is a pre WW2 model and is single action only, sights
    are excellent. Does your revolver look like mine ?P1010009_0004_004.jpgP1010010_0006_006.jpgP1010011_0007_007.jpg

Blog Entries

try Jack First as well, they may have some parts