Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

and yet the commercial Fed Fusion will with out issue?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    and yet the commercial Fed Fusion will with out issue?
    Yes sir Fed Fusion fires fine.

No feed or extraction issues at all.

Blog Entries

may want to get a mike and measure some dimensions on the Fusion, vs the other ammo,

and maybe try another brand (Redding or Forster come to mind) full length size die,
    they will work on the dillon,

or even a Small Base die if that does not work,

just for giggles, resize the fusion brass and see how that does as a reload too, (known to work, and once fired, meaning less worked brass)
    Last edited by lyman; 10-25-2018 at 04:52.

4. Default

Post #30

The chart shows the dimensions of the Fed Fusion under the heading "Federal 150 Factory".

Builder indicates "Hard in, Palm Out" but I found it worked fine when I fired it.

It is a good bit "trimmer" at dimension C where my reloads seem to have an issue.

I plan on adding a Redding FL size die after the Dillon trim die (which is a size die) on my press, as well I will reload all my 30-06 using the M70 chamber as the "case gauge".

I dont think the Garand or Springfields will care one way or the other as long as everything is SAAMI.

5. Default

This one of my 168 Nosler CC reloads painted with Dykem....

You can see the marking die is wiped just off the bottom of the case at dimension C.

Elsewhere looks good, perhaps oversized as I would expect a "kissing" contact at the shoulder.

Blog Entries

I'd try another fL die, or even a small base

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    I'd try another fL die, or even a small base
    Yep.

Going to use a Redding or Forster 30-06 Fl die after the Dillon Trim/Size Die.

Dont want to go small base as that would be detrimental to use in the Garand and 03.

Just need to see if another die without the "progressive magwell" will squeeze that last bit of the cartridge base.

8. Default

By the way - in reference to the original poster's topic of Modern Optics on an 03A4/clone - Evolution Gun Works (EGW - known for high quality 1911 parts) now makes a bolt on replacement Picatinny railed replacement mount in steel for the 03A4 - in both O and 20 Minute variations for long range use. Currently $69 on Ebay, if anyone wants one. CC
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

9. Default

Dont see why a properly bedded 03 wouldnt do same.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 01-02-2019 at 03:46.

10. Default

pmclaine,
    Very nice rifle and scope setup! She shoots well! And love the old GI spotting scope! CC
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor