Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Default

Getting there.....

Getting there.....

Quote Originally Posted by pmclaine View Post
    Getting there.....

Getting there.....

THAT is going to be a beautiful rifle! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    THAT is going to be a beautiful rifle! Sincerely. bruce.
    Yes, yes sir, yes it is.

4. Default

Looks promising. Just have to tweak my zero a little bit. Ill be putting a Unertl on it to try but am considering a Leupold 3-9X with mil dot for the final sight device.

P8218201.jpg

P8218202.jpg

P8218197.jpg

P8218195.jpg

Wonderful pictures! Continue to follow this thread with interest. Question ... distance for target, etc.? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Wonderful pictures! Continue to follow this thread with interest. Question ... distance for target, etc.? Sincerely. bruce.
    That was my first trip to the range after receiving it and in order to ensure I will be on paper at 100 I started at 25 yards.

Ammo was some hunting type 150 grain I picked up just to get on paper.

What looks promising is the continuity of the 1300 impact when I was shooting at the 1 inch circles.

Now that I know Ill be on paper Ill work my sight settings at 100 yards and try to tighten things up.

I intend to see what it will really do with some of the Creedmoor 167 grain Lapua Scenars in Lapua brass I bought from the CMP.

It will likely be 100 or so rounds before the barrel really shines also. Optics should shore up where my eyes fail.

Ill try to shoot this weekend and will provide an update.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 08-30-2018 at 02:11.

7. Default

Made it to 100 yards this past weekend...

P9028211.jpg

Shot some Fed Fusion hunter grade 150 grain lead tip to confirm sight settings....

P9028215.jpg

Moved to the Creedmoor 167 Scenar in Lapua cases, match ammo...

P9028216.jpg

I was impressed that 5 shots went into a tight knot and that when I pull shots they actually hit my point of aim. For iron sights I think it does well.

Next Ill be moving to a scope.

I found the Match rounds to be a bit hard to extract though. Im having the builder recheck the chamber it might be a bit too tight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pmclaine View Post

I found the Match rounds to be a bit hard to extract though. Im having the builder recheck the chamber it might be a bit too tight.
    reloads?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    reloads?
    CMP purchased Creedmoor 167 Lapua scenars in new Lapua brass. Disregard that the chart below claims them to be reloads, they are factory new match rounds. Very good ones I might add.

My reloads wont even chamber.

Builder painted up one of my reloads with Dykem and found the area at C to show slight bulging.

The reloads are KA brass fired some 4 times in 1903s or a Garand.

I load on a Dillon and I wonder if the progressive size die, kind of beveled to assist the progressive reloading, doesnt squeeze that area of the brass enough for my tight match chamber.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 10-22-2018 at 01:10.