Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breakfree/CLP

Beware of using Kroil in the house. When my very first can arrived at my house I immediately began swabbing down the bores of some of my pistols and rifles at my little card table set up in my home office. The look on my wife's face when she got home and walked down the hallway to my office told me that I should only use it in my backyard shop.
    Hoppe's=inside.
    Kroil=outside.

Quote Originally Posted by phil441 View Post
    Beware of using Kroil in the house. When my very first can arrived at my house I immediately began swabbing down the bores of some of my pistols and rifles at my little card table set up in my home office. The look on my wife's face when she got home and walked down the hallway to my office told me that I should only use it in my backyard shop.
    Hoppe's=inside.
    Kroil=outside.
    +1

Yes indeed. Kroil does leave a strong, lingering odor that is almost sickening if used in confined spaces. It's best used outdoors or in shop areas with plenty of ventilation.

Good stuff though......one of the best penetrating solvents available.

I leave CLP in the bore after cleaning everything, and as the operating lube for the AR actions. No problems after many years. Agree that other products are better for removing fouling.

I've been using both Kroil and Break Free for years. can't think of any reasons to change.