Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breakfree/CLP

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I started using it when it first came out around 1980.
    I used to live in MN where it is humid. I've lived in AZ now for 12 years.
    I have a concealed carry 1911 and the only place it gets surface rust is under the safety which is against my six pac abs.
    I've never had a problem with CLP.
    Only problem I ever had was when my DOG licked my steel govt model when it was laying on my side of the bed on the floor (NO KIDS). Instant BROWN oxide. I was able to get it off with the CLP immediately applied.

Six-pack abs, eh? You ain't the only one.

six pack abs.jpg

I wouldn't try to open any of those with a ten foot M7...that is if they made one.
    Sam

Thanks for the replies. Your experiences with CLP are similar to mine so I don't understand the beef about the product. I guess some people are not happy unless they are peeing on someone else's opinion. I think the complaint about the synthetic and wood stock degradation had to do with the CLP seeping down from the the treated metal parts, the poster wasn't clear.
    Again, thanks for your responses.

BEAR

One last comment with regard to gun oils and wood stocks.

Recommend storing wood stocked rifles muzzle down in the safe. When they're resting on their butts, the oils in the barrel and action will weep down with gravity and saturate the stock.

I've used CLP since 1984 and have never had anything like what was described happen. At work, we took 3 of our old tools which were being replaced and did an experiment. All of the tools in the test were exactly the same. One was coated with WD-40, one with CLP and the third nothing. The tools were set aside in the same area on the apparatus floor so that their exposure would be the same. After 3 months the tools were compared. The tool with nothing had some light surface rust on some areas. The tool with CLP looked just as it did on day 1. The tool with WD-40 had a white, powdery corrosion over its entire surface.

The purpose of the test was to determine what, if anything, we could put on our tools on the fire trucks to keep them from rusting if they were to go for a while without being used. From that point forward, we have given our metal tools a light coat of CLP after they have been used and cleaned.
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.

where do you find kroil ?

Quote Originally Posted by noslack327 View Post
    where do you find kroil ?
    http://www.kanolabs.com/

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...eaning-solvent

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
    One last comment with regard to gun oils and wood stocks.

Recommend storing wood stocked rifles muzzle down in the safe. When they're resting on their butts, the oils in the barrel and action will weep down with gravity and saturate the stock.
    this also helps to prolong the life of rubber butt pads.