Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by psteinmayer View Post
    The majority of Lake City I have have off-center flash holes. Not sure how true this is... But I seem to recall reading that cases with off-center flash holes are from machine gun ammo lots.
    I purchased thousands of LC 30/06 MATCH pull down cases from Pat's reloading in Ohio. Every case had a flash hole that was off center. If reloaders were familiar with case artifacts they would have noticed a seller on EBay was selling 8mm57 cases formed from 30/06 blanks. That was 12+ years ago. I purchases two belts of blank cases that were loaded from once fired cases in Yonkers, NY. Each case was marked.

F. Guffey

"...Grenade Launcher blanks..." Not necessarily. Regular M1909 training blanks look like that too. There are all kinds of aftermarket, civilian made, and M-1999 blanks with the "star" crimp like that found on 7.62NATO and 5.56Nato training blanks. The latter case neck is usually too short to trim into a live round case.
    Grenade Launch cartridges are not for use as training blanks either.
    "...rejected cases were..." NOT used for producing blanks of any kind.
    Spelling and grammar count!

According to DOD documents the use of rejected casing was what were to be used for the making of blanks for 30-06. Now when there were not enough cases that had been rejected then fired cases were to be used. It was not unusual to open a case of blanks and find WW2 dated brass along with brass from the 50's and 60's.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Now when there were not enough cases that had been rejected then fired cases were to be used.
    After the case is fired it become an ejected case. Again, I purchased two belts of blanks, all of the cases were marked, there had to be a reason for marking the cases. My opinion, they were magnificent cases.

F. Guffey