Default Spotted Parris-Dunn 03 trainer

Omaha Militaria in Fort Worth has a decent one in their case for $180. They have it marked as a "USMC training rifle." If you call to buy it I would refer to it using that nomenclature. Good find for the right collector.

I own two of these, 50 for one, 100 for the other. There were at least 3 types made. The Navy model was about 6+ Lbs. and had a trigger that worked and released a steel 'hammer' that caused a loud click. The Army model, about the same weight, had no clicker. A 1943 model, ordered by the Army, has a cast iron rear 'handgaurd' and a solid steel bolt, weighted in at a 'lil over 8 #, close to the M1 as the Army requested. I got one for Xmas in 1946 from, a local 'REAL' war surplus store. That one has long been gone! The plastic bayo will sell for 100-150 with proper sheath, if you can find one (so many got broken).
    You can never go home again.

I've got one of the Navy contract versions that work as described. Also have the plastic bayonet and proper scabbard. There are several training arms amunst the pieces of history in my care.
    Scout

I was told the 1942 marked USN scabbards were made for these rifles and the plastic bayonets. However I still like mine!
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 08-01-2017 at 06:05.

Many of the training scabbards are seen with real bayo's. Owners claim the Navy used them interchangeably, I doubt that as most rifles and training bayo's were sold and scrapped out after the war. But who knows??
    You can never go home again.