Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default High Power Noise reduction

Is there a current way of reducing the muzzle blast from an '06"? I have seen modern silencers but they seem to be primarily for pistol cartridge calibers and the the firearm barrel is usually threaded in one form or another.

Is there something like that can be attached like the flash hider for the M1 that can be used for the '03 and / or the M1?

Here is a video of a M1 vs suppressed M1.

Current technology can reduce noise at the muzzle but, the suppressor will not suppress the super sonic crack of the projectile. So subsonic cartridges are needed for the lowest report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxBYZ7Sz0Rk

Silencer Shop

https://www.silencershop.com/silence...html?limit=all

Blog Entries

the geometry for mounting on each are too different,

and I would imagine if you used the bayonet lug to attach, it may not hold well enough to seal?

maybe take a grenade launcher for each, and have it cut to accept a modern silencer, (using the one silencer for each weapon, having 2 mounts?)

A suppressor has to line up with the bore perfectly or your suppressor will blow apart. That is one of the main reasons a threaded barrel is needed for any major rifle like an 03.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. I don't want to modify the rifle and I don't want to not be able to use the sights. I guess I will continue to offer ear plugs to the pistol shooters on either side and worry not about 'offending' them.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    I guess I will continue to offer ear plugs to the pistol shooters on either side and worry not about 'offending' them.
    Pistol shooters NOT already wearing plugs or muffs??? Even a .22 pistol is LOUD. They deserve to be offended.

One of the homesteaders on the "Life Below Zero" Nat Geo TV series hunts with a suppressed Ruger 77. On the episodes I've seen, he never talks about it, but maybe did on earlier shows.

"...reducing the muzzle blast from an '06..." Subsonic ammo, but that's got its own issues. The shooters on either side should be wearing ear defenders anyway.
    And a .30-06 isn't anywhere near as bad to shoot next to as any magnum. Isn't just the noise, but there's actually the muzzle blast that feels like you're about to go for a flight.
    "...Even a .22 pistol is LOUD..." Yep. One shot indoors does permanent damage to one's hearing.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Blog Entries

One time loooong ago, there was a 50 Cal shooter (not black powder) with a muzzle brake that looked like it belonged on a 155 howie. Two tables away, 15-18 feet, it blew over a full coke can, and the shooter got bad scrapped elbows on the concrete bench. He was asked to please take his toys and go home.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    One time loooong ago, there was a 50 Cal shooter (not black powder) with a muzzle brake that looked like it belonged on a 155 howie. Two tables away, 15-18 feet, it blew over a full coke can, and the shooter got bad scrapped elbows on the concrete bench. He was asked to please take his toys and go home.
    barret or similar??

M82's will throw some serious wind back out of that muzzle brake, but see no need to toss someone from the range,,

Blog Entries

Ben Avery in Phoenix does not allow modern 50 cal rifles anymore, except smoke poles. Shoot then walk around the smoke to see what you hit........