Thread: Hacksaw Ridge

Thumbs up Hacksaw Ridge

We watched Hacksaw Ridge last night on cable. It was very good, well acted, well written. Wish I'd seen it in the theatre.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

Saw it on the big screen. What a fantastic movie that is very much action-packed. Well worth seeing again and again.

I liked it. As much as any Military movie I have ever seen. The interviews with the guys involved, made back when they were still alive, and the film of his awards ceremony at the end of the movie, really added a lot.

I hate to fall into the military expert goon role - HOWEVER... Nobody in the entire movie EVER reloads, and that is a pet peeve of mine in any gun movie. It was made in Australia and they must have felt the Aussies could not be taught to load M-1s or BARs.

Incidentally... If you watch the troops in the stateside basic training scenes marching in the background they sometimes slip into the British arm swing. Which is ok; not a big deal it proves they were men with military training. Territorials Mebbe?

It was very nice on the big screen.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 08-01-2017 at 06:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    We watched Hacksaw Ridge last night on cable. It was very good, well acted, well written. Wish I'd seen it in the theatre.
    Same here. Also liked that it was based upon a true story and not cast with the usual liberal Hollywood commies.

This movie is a definite two thumbs up for me.