This Fall and Winter I plan to get serious about reducing the amount of guns I own. I am of the age now where I don't shoot as much and don't really want to leave the job of selling my collection to my heirs who, honestly, don't have the time, knowledge, or interest. Among the herd I want to thin will be some M1 Carbines. I haven't decided which ones yet, or even how many are going to go. They are all CMP purchases from a few years back (Italian returns), nothing highly collectible. I have inspected, test fired, and thoroughly cleaned each. They all function perfectly and are safe, sound shooters.

OK, so I am looking for some input from those who know what (approximately) these rifles would be worth. I know it depends on condition, etc. The only things I have done to these rifles since I got them from CMP is test fire and clean. NO refinishing at all. Generally I would rate condition as VG to VG+. I have the CMP paperwork on all of them, and the boxes they were delivered in.

I'm not looking for an insurance type appraisal, just some guidance about current values, and I stress again I HAVE NOT decided how many or which will be for sale. I will most likely post on the For Sale forum here when I decide. Any info is appreciated.