Quote Originally Posted by Marine A5 Sniper Rifle View Post
I think the only person confused may be you. You have absolute faith in a document found in the archives, yet you deny the extant examples by claiming them to be fakes. A document is just that, a piece of paper. You are unable, or incapable, of explaining the existence of the many existing examples of 8-loop "Penguin" scope cases, most of them inked to actual living Marine WWI snipers, with some of them traceable back to the families that originally sold them. You claim that no "Penguin" scope cases were ordered - where in your one document does it so state? Better yet, where are the hundreds of 6-loop scope cases you claim the Marines used?

No one disputes your document, it is what it is. Despite that document, the existing scope cases tell a different story, and I believe my eyes over any document, and so will most of those who read these posts. And the dimensions? What is the dispute over dimensions?

Yes I have 100% faith in the actual detailed contracts from WRA. On these I can actually trace when they were paid, how much they cost, the dates they shipped, and some of them where they actually shipped to.

As far as an argument of dimensions. It wasn't an argument about dimensions. Our argument was what was the WWI sniper case and most specifically what this document actually states. When I first shared this document with you in the beginning, I stated the actual contract in WWI was for a 6 loop case. And whatever the story is on the 8 loop cases are, it's not detailed in the WWI docs. When I presented the contract to you as proof, you argued that I read the document wrong and this document was proof that you were right.

You stated that they meant there were an additional 2 loops on the cases that are not mentioned. Therefore this document proved you were right and they meant 8 loop cases. We had like over 10 pages of arguing what this document actually meant. Me arguing the document meant 6 and you arguing it meant 8. A large part of our argument was this document and what it meant. lol

That is why I posted the dimensions of the cases side by side, to prove the WRA contract was for a 6 loop case, not a 8.

Whatever the story is on the 8 loop cases, now someone needs to find the actual documents. Because there was nothing that happened back then without a papertrail.