Default Is there a military badge today with an M-4 carbine on it?

I was at an air museum and a guy about 70 plus was wearing this badge with an M-4 on it with some lightning bolts and a "Combat Wounded" hat. I started thinking about it and I am thinking this guy could not have been in infantry combat that recently. If this a real badge - if so - what does it signify?

I have a badge that I bought from my 5th/7th, 1st Cav Veterans Association that I wear on my M65 jacket that looks like a CIB but has a yellow background and crossed sabers rather than rifles. Since I bought it and it wasn't awarded, it doesn't mean anything, other than to me; I have a CIB for service in RVN. I've seen the same type of badge with crossed sabers behind a tank signifying Armored Cav. I don't think that's a real badge either but I'm not an Armor guy so I wouldn't know. I understand the "Combat Action Badge" carries a bayonet and wreath. I've never seen a badge with an M4 on it.
    If the guy was not in uniform, let it go.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by High Plaines Doug r View Post
    I have a badge that I bought from my 5th/7th, 1st Cav Veterans Association that I wear on my M65 jacket that looks like a CIB but has a yellow background and crossed sabers rather than rifles. Since I bought it and it wasn't awarded, it doesn't mean anything, other than to me; I have a CIB for service in RVN. I've seen the same type of badge with crossed sabers behind a tank signifying Armored Cav. I don't think that's a real badge either but I'm not an Armor guy so I wouldn't know. I understand the "Combat Action Badge" carries a bayonet and wreath. I've never seen a badge with an M4 on it.
    If the guy was not in uniform, let it go.
    My nephew was in the combat engineers in Afghanistan and was awarded the Combat Action Badge you cite

I have seen the combat action badges for the non-infantry army personnel.

5. Default

Combat Armor and Combat Artillery Badges have been proposed since WWII and always rejected, MPs who accompanied grunts as POW handlers in Vietnam would be recommended for the CIB-and turned down. The "Official" Combat Action Badge authorized in 2005 shows an M-9 bayonet superimposed over an M-67 grenade , anyone who "Sees The Elephant" and is not eligible for either the CIB or the CMB can receive it.

I guess it was just decor he was wearing for effect.