Bought my first trapdoors in a two for one money bid item at the recent RIA auction.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...-rifles#detail

After a fair bit of online reading about these guns I have a couple of questions I would appreciate some help on.

The first gun is an 1873 ser # 195465 that appears fairly correct on parts, stamps and measurements. The bore, unfortunately, is pitted and corroded beyond use. I am wondering about others satisfaction and results when putting a liner in these guns? I am thinking of the 1-22" 3 groove from TOTW? Any reason I would not want to do this?

The second gun is an 1870 that likewise seems to have the correct parts and stamps, and a really nice 3-groove bore, but its measurements are off. 48" overall, 28 1/2" muzzle to block hinge pin, bands 12" apart. I am guessing it was converted to a cadet configuration somewhere along the line, but it sure looks like alloriginal construction. I am hoping the board might have some better information on this gun? Photos show the number 1561 on the barrel only, and the cartouche.

IMG_2526.jpgIMG_2527.jpg