Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Model 97 riot gun

Found this today and purchased it as it looked correct , what do you guys think? Serial no. Is e 900000 range
    Thanks for your opinionsIMG_1427.jpgIMG_1427.jpgIMG_1430.jpgIMG_1428.jpg
    Last edited by schoolbd; 07-22-2017 at 02:38.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by schoolbd View Post
    Found this today and purchased it as it looked correct , what do you guys think? Serial no. Is e 900000 range
    Thanks for your opinionsIMG_1427.jpgIMG_1427.jpgIMG_1430.jpgIMG_1428.jpg
    You are not showing enough of the gun to express any opinion.
    I will tell you that a riot gun with a bomb on the receiver might be unusual or not right. You need to show more of the gun.

3. Default

Interesting. The serial is way too high for a WB stock, so almost certainly a replacement stock.
    It does seem to have riot type parts, normally anything in that range with a bomb on the receiver would be a trench. They stopped making 97 riots somewhere I think in the 930.000 range. The riot guns seen are always early guns. They would have the WB but not the bomb on the receiver. Anything is possible, but I would not personally pay a lot for that gun. Too many questions.

BUT I had a mint to new trench s/n 935000 GHD stock no bomb on receiver. Who knows.
    Last edited by scosgt; 07-23-2017 at 03:01.

4. Default

It is a high serial number for a riot gun, but I have date on a couple of riot guns in the 937xxx range. One has the "US" only on the receiver and a WB marked stock. The other has both the "US" and the Ordnance marked receiver and did not have a stock cartouche. There are a lot of WB marked stocks in the 937,000-938,000 serial number range, but the vast majority of those 97s are trench guns.

5. Default

Might be the same gun!

6. Default

According to research from Cody museum my gun was made in 1942 and the barrel is marked 42 ?

7. Default

Thank you for the input guys

8. Default

AND it's on gunbroker.
    Still not convinced it is right.

9. Default

Yep put it out there , being I wasn't there in 1942 and overseeing production it's hard to say what went on. It looks good to me. Thanks again for your input