Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Colt's Cobra FTW

only 1/8" thicker than a J-frame Smith...

6 shots...

bobbed hammer for snag free-ness...

lighter so it doesnt pull my pants down (ive got snake hips so i need my belt 3 notches tighter than is comfortable to keep my pants up with any added weight)...

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    My preference has always been revolvers therefore they are second nature to me. Yes, I can get more used to an auto with practice, practice, practice, and I can handle most autos quite well. Under controlled circumstances. The revolver is second nature to me now, today.

I go with the revolver any day.

jn

Much conversation revolver vs auto, that will never change. Now comes to how do you carry your PDW, spare ammo. How often do you do a complete cleaning to get rid of the "cobwebs" that accumulate i.e. clothes reside, dust and the like. I prefer a modified shoulder holster that I can on my left side carry my Sig P220/small can of pepper spray and on the other 4 loaded mags. This is my year round carry and quite comfortable.
    Sam

Now comes to how do you carry your PDW, spare ammo.
    Speed Strip with just five rounds back in the day*. A very flat fit inside any pocket. Strips may be slower, but at least you have them with you when a Speedloader isn't convenient to carry. Also, a strip may lose a round but not all 5 or 6 at once.
    *_______________For numerous reasons I have opted not to carry anymore. Let's just say I don't make a habit of.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Blog Entries

60's vintage S&W Centennial, mostly,

will have a spare HKS speedloader in a pocket, or if in the car, console

also carry a Seecamp LWS32 on occasion,

when it is much cooler I'll have a 1911 on the hip, or a SIG220

Blog Entries

For S.A. Boggs or anyone else in the 'hot' zone - I carried a .45 in shoulder holster for the AF for years and would prefer that today. Now retired and live in AZ. Most of the year you can wear your shirt out like a Hawaiian shirt, or now they have begun making button-ups with no tails. Yes, I know, it's a dry heat, but in 105 to 117 degree heat in the summer (Jun, Jul, Aug and 1/2 of Sept), how do you 'conceal carry' in your shoulder holster? I carry in a Uncle Mike's black nylon holster and have to be sure to oil outside of the firearm as sweat does get thru the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    For S.A. Boggs or anyone else in the 'hot' zone - I carried a .45 in shoulder holster for the AF for years and would prefer that today. Now retired and live in AZ. Most of the year you can wear your shirt out like a Hawaiian shirt, or now they have begun making button-ups with no tails. Yes, I know, it's a dry heat, but in 105 to 117 degree heat in the summer (Jun, Jul, Aug and 1/2 of Sept), how do you 'conceal carry' in your shoulder holster? I carry in a Uncle Mike's black nylon holster and have to be sure to oil outside of the firearm as sweat does get thru the holster.
    You have the right idea as this is exactly how I have done this for years with the same rig. Mom modified with a little padding in the shoulder to lessen the weight impact. In cool weather I wear a western vest as well as my duster. @ my age, I can always pull a Fred Sanford!
    Sam

Ruger SP101 with bobbed hammer rides on my hip every day.... that is, after I get home from my job at a school district where firearms are forbidden except for kids, parents and staff that may decide to go nuts.

School policies forbid me to carry a firearm, but cannot protect me from other who choose to carry in violation of the policy.
    Read, think, UNDERSTAND, comment

Either one of three J-frames or either M15 or RSS.
    Next level is M39-2 , BHP, or Colt 1991A1, either in IWb or Bianchi X-15 / 2000

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Howard View Post
    I carry a S&W Model 60 in my jeans pocket. I can put one in the center at 7 yds much quicker than I can with my Sig from a holster. And, there is no brass to police if you have to fire in a compromising situation. Regards, Clark
    When I was carrying, my piece was a S&W Chief's Special loaded with 200 gr round noses. Loved that gun. Wish I still had it.