Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Done

Blog Entries

Exactly what does the HR say? Have any of you read it? Perhaps someone can find it and post a link or quote in it's entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Chicago gangbangers being what they are, I doubt that there is any law that could be written to prevent them from "toting steel" in my hometown or anywhere else.
    Avoiding the probability-possibility grey area, suffice it to say that as of now your Sheriff has the legal means to stop them cold if he wants to. No permit waving smirks from a rag tag bunch of 'technically legal' cretins as they drive off towards the county line.

I'm certain we could come up with more hypothetical/plausible scenarios, but that's the one I chose to use.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Avoiding the probability-possibility grey area, suffice it to say that as of now your Sheriff has the legal means to stop them cold if he wants to. No permit waving smirks from a rag tag bunch of 'technically legal' cretins as they drive off towards the county line.

I'm certain we could come up with more hypothetical/plausible scenarios, but that's the one I chose to use.
    I have faith in my Sheriff's ability to stop them cold in any case. What this law would do is put the onus on your public safety officials to assure that the cretins are denied the permits to wave in my Sheriff's face. I would never be in favor of any law which requires that just any low life be issued a concealed permit. In Colorado, our standards are much higher.
    "A generation which ignores history has no past and no future." - Jean Boden

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."
    -- Robert Frost

[QUOTE=JB White;503703]I take it you did exactly what the original thread header said to do? You read it, and you sighed.

Sorry, but I did NOT read it or sign. I never bother with these on-line petitions (or mail types). They sway no one who is opposed to the subject to begin with!
    You can never go home again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I have faith in my Sheriff's ability to stop them cold in any case. What this law would do is put the onus on your public safety officials to assure that the cretins are denied the permits to wave in my Sheriff's face. I would never be in favor of any law which requires that just any low life be issued a concealed permit. In Colorado, our standards are much higher.
    In Illinois the prerequisite is 21 or older, valid FOID which means one hasn't any FELONY convictions. Complete the approved course and pay the fees. Easy-peasy if one has nothing but a short Juvie list and a couple of misdemeanors on record. $335 and Bob's yer uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post

Sorry, but I did NOT read it or sign. I never bother with these on-line petitions (or mail types). They sway no one who is opposed to the subject to begin with!
    You're right of course. What it does do though is give those who are unopposed a stack of paper to wave while they blurt out numbers as they speak. Sometimes it's a small step but a step nonetheless.
    That my friend, is why I'm mentally wavering at the moment.
    Last edited by JB White; 07-21-2017 at 07:32.