Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default need to read and sign the petition

only have to August 17 to get 100,000

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...permit-holders
    Last edited by holdover; 07-19-2017 at 09:04.

DONE!!

Done. And hello to the forum, it's been quite a while since I've posted although I remain a loyal lurker...

OK...but you guys might have to wait a while for an answer.

Needs 95,949 signatures by August 17, 2017 to get a response from the White House
    It's going to take me a long time to verify that many signatures!
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Done

Done !

Me, too.
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

Waste of time, NRA has 5 million members and have been trying to do this for awhile. You think 100,000 will mean any thing to the Wt. House, dream on! And what about all you "state rights" guys. You can't have it both ways!
    You can never go home again.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Waste of time, NRA has 5 million members and have been trying to do this for awhile. You think 100,000 will mean any thing to the Wt. House, dream on! And what about all you "state rights" guys. You can't have it both ways!
    I take it you did exactly what the original thread header said to do? You read it, and you sighed.
    I am taking the States Rights angle into consideration. That's why I haven't signed yet. I've got that "firearms permit vs. drivers license" thing going on in my head.

If I violate a local traffic law I get a ticket. If I violate a firearms law I go to jail and lose my property. Yet a State should have a right to determine the training and qualifications for carrying a weapon within their borders.
    Would any of you want a van load of technically legal Chicago gangbangers toting steel in your hometown? Chances are they shouldn't be allowed to drive in your State either, but they are.

There needs to be some reciprocity, but I don't think a automatic blanketed 'right to carry' will ever be extended. There will be strings attached. I think people have learned their lessons contending with Illinois drivers on their roads.
    Last edited by JB White; 07-20-2017 at 04:14.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    I take it you did exactly what the original thread header said to do? You read it, and you sighed.

Would any of you want a van load of technically legal Chicago gangbangers toting steel in your hometown? Chances are they shouldn't be allowed to drive in your State either, but they are.
    Chicago gangbangers being what they are, I doubt that there is any law that could be written to prevent them from "toting steel" in my hometown or anywhere else. I get what you say about states rights but right now I either avoid Illinois or sweat razor blades every time I illegally drive through your fair state. (Not that I still own any firearms. Mine were all lost when I tried to cross Eleven-Mile reservoir with them in a leaky rowboat during a thunder storm.)
    Last edited by Bill D; 07-20-2017 at 05:39. Reason: Spelling
    "A generation which ignores history has no past and no future." - Jean Boden

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."
    -- Robert Frost