Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A great action packed movie which held my attention. I can't wait until the DVD comes out. There are several scenes I would like to back up to view over again.

Thanks for the reviews. I'm going tomorrow. To me the focus has always been on the fisherman and small boat owners who answered the call. Their response was the same as the watermen of New York who answered the USCG call for help on 9/11 to help evac our people from Manhattan with the exception no one was shooting at them.

Europe is very lucky that these brave men sailed their small boats across the Channel to help evac the BEF and anyone else who could embark.
    Last edited by m1ashooter; 07-24-2017 at 09:33.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Average at best.

KTK

I just returned and its is a Wow statement. I've always been impressed with the small boat owners and fishermen who answered the call to help. They weren't airmen, soldiers or sailors. The were the uncles and the fathers of the men trapped on that beach and they knowingly answered the call to go into harms way to bring them home. In my book it doesn't get much better then that. I didn't see the movie to count threads on web gear or to see if the rank was correct, I wanted to see courage. The quiet courage of the men lined up on the beaches taking fire with out being able to hit back to the men and women who sailed their boats across the channel to bring back the troops.

Go see it.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

5. Default

^Hit the nail on the head.

Blog Entries

Take a millennial or your grand kids (older ones only) to the movie, but don't tell them what it is about. Afterward, ask them who was fighting whom, why and what the movie was about.

Dunkirk is not taught in schools and the folks we are leaving behind to take care of our country don't know about the real history, only what Hollywood spreads as history. I bought the book read 3/4ths and threw it away. Did not see the word Nazi in the book.

Don't believe the people paid by Hollywood to review movies, go on Amazon and other sites; read what the amatuer reviewers say. Disregard the flashy special effects which are great, but what is the underlying truth. First fake news, then fake history will give our 'left behinds' a false sense of who / what they are.

Saw the Imax version last night.
    It was ok but I knew the story. If you are looking for a history lesson download the B&W (1958) version from Amazon.

The new version is essentially three stories :1. The Mole, 2. The Sea and 3. The Air. Each portion has is own overlapping time frame which leads to some confusing scene changes. For example its nighttime and dark out the scene instantly changes and the its full sun.

My wife got confused with that back and forth, too, jg. But still a great movie to see. Thank goodness for the Spitfires!
    '