Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Dunkirk Movie Coming out this Friday

Trailer looks interesting; can't wait to see it.

I'm looking forward to seeing it also.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Looks pretty good.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

According to a AHC show on the topic, not all escaped. I think a thousand or more were captured. Both French and British were part of the miracle of Dunkerque.

I saw it last night. Not a bad movie, well worth seeing. A couple of the younger lead actors looked too similar to each other which made the film a bit hard to follow in places.
    Keep an eye out for a few Number 4 rifles with the fore sight removed trying to look like a SMLE No1 Mk111! Also a Mk111 helmet which did not come out until much later in the war.

Regards

AlanD
    Sydney

I thought it was well done. We "ex-spurts" can always find wrong bits to haggle over. The minesweepers and "destroyer" were modern ships, the destroyer may not even be RN, it seems to have a bunch of cable stuff aft, radars and modern streamlined gun mounts. The Messerschmitts are the Spanish built Bouchons with Merlins, survivors from the 60's movie BATTLE OF BRITAIN. It still sucked me in and I enjoyed it, it's a story of the heroism of ordinary yachtsmen and fishermen, civilians with no military training who sailed into a war zone to save their countrymen. And it's pretty convincing. The spitfires are great.

One thing that heartened me was there were significant numbers of young people in the theater, even teenagers. Plenty of thirty-somethings.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 07-23-2017 at 07:09.

I'm seeing it tomorrow, Griff. Looking forward to it especially after reading your great Siskel and Eibert critique!

I did some looking and the destroyer is a 1957 built French destroyer which is a museum ship in Nantes, Francd, named the MAILLE BREZE, which was towed to Dunkirk and had British pennant numbers painted on it.

It turns out the producers found 50 period correct small craft from all over Europe, 14 of which were actually used at Dunkirk.

You will enjoy it!
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 07-23-2017 at 07:37.

The best part is I don't see any Hollywood liberals in it. I don't watch movies anymore because of that. I may have to break down and go see this one.

10. Default

It was an absolutely amazing movie. I may go back and see it again before it leaves theaters. Tom Hardy is one of my favorite actors and he was great in this.