1. Default New book on M1917 bayonets?

Has anyone seen a copy yet?

http://www.usm1917.com/home.html

I've seen a few reviews on the USMF so far.

2. Default

Yes. It's encyclopedic in extent and detail on the bayonets, with good info on the rifles as well. Recommended.

It's too bad Mr. Cunningham has passed. His knowledge of bayonets was unreal! Helped me out a few times! RIP.

4. Default

I've visited the link and requested a copy
    THREE times and no one has responded!!! I wonder
    what gives????

I searched amazon. not there, Gary is gone.

I had the same problem with the website and then someone provided me with the email contact. The authors email address is dan@usm1917.com and he was a great fellow to deal with. The book is also very well written and full of, to me, new information.

7. Default

thw...thanks my friend! I'll contact him directly!

On the old forum here I posted photos of an unusual modified M1905 scabbard. Gary was kind enough to comment on them and provide useful insights. We all enjoyed his articles on different bayonets. Indeed he will be missed.

I received my copy in 12/16. I was totally blown away at this comprehensive tome. There is much periferal, anicdotal and historical information and photo's.
    Truly a work of love and dedication by Dan.

However, it could have been condensed to a couple of hundred pages if it just stuck to the specifics that many collectors need for reference.

But then, it wouldn't be the master price it is...