Default Punishment you have given your kis

On another thread, a story was told about a punishment meted out to a wayward son. I enjoyed the story and thought that having a thread of these tales maybe some interesting reading.

I will start us off with one of my punishments.

When the kids lived at home they had a tv/video game in their rooms.

The rule was that they could have their boyfriend/girlfriend in their room to watch/play the tv/game but the door must remain open.

One time my son decided not to follow the rule, I opened the door and told him to leave it open. When I went back later it was shut. His girlfriend (now wife) was in the room and she was very shy and did not look at me. I went and got a hammer and screw driver and took the door off and he lost it for a week.

She never looked at me while I was doing this, when the boy came back from the kitchen he was upset, too bad.

KTK

2. Default

I would say you're lucky you aren't a Yank but you guys have bureaucrats to take the place of our over active legal establishment.

And when I started reading "hammer and screwdriver" I thought maybe you locked them in there until they got sick of each other. But I guess they didn't.
    Last edited by barretcreek; 07-12-2017 at 06:39.

I taught middle school, grade 7. One of my student's father was a policeman. I asked this son of a gendarme if his father before punishing the son said to him before punishment: "You have the right to remain silent; anything you say can and will be used against you. You have the right to an attorney; if you can't afford an attorney, one will be assigned to you."

The son told me no!

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tmark View Post
    I taught middle school, grade 7. One of my student's father was a policeman. I asked this son of a gendarme if his father before punishing the son said to him before punishment: "You have the right to remain silent; anything you say can and will be used against you. You have the right to an attorney; if you can't afford an attorney, one will be assigned to you."

The son told me no!
    you have the right to shut up, you have the right to not cry, and you will get it worse if you do. LOL

With our daughter Samantha to get her attention I always had her put her nose to mine and then I would talk in a soft voice to her. She knew that she was in dutch and did listen. She is 28 now and I still use this method to get my point across. When I wanted to find out if they were fibbing to me I told them that I wanted to talk to their ear. I took my right index finger and placed it on their ear, with the rest of my hand resting on their artery so that I could feel their pulse. When they fibbed their heart raced, also if they refused to let me do the test I knew I was onto something. Another little test that works is to take a string about 6" long and suspend a nut from it. Have them sit on a chair in front of the table with them holding the string loosely with their elbows on the table. Then have them bring the string a little taught and ask them questions. The more they fib the more the string will swing, this also works with adults.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    With our daughter Samantha to get her attention I always had her put her nose to mine and then I would talk in a soft voice to her. She knew that she was in dutch and did listen. She is 28 now and I still use this method to get my point across. When I wanted to find out if they were fibbing to me I told them that I wanted to talk to their ear. I took my right index finger and placed it on their ear, with the rest of my hand resting on their artery so that I could feel their pulse. When they fibbed their heart raced, also if they refused to let me do the test I knew I was onto something. Another little test that works is to take a string about 6" long and suspend a nut from it. Have them sit on a chair in front of the table with them holding the string loosely with their elbows on the table. Then have them bring the string a little taught and ask them questions. The more they fib the more the string will swing, this also works with adults.
    Sam
    Have to try the string trick on my 2 leo sons! 34 & 36, Think they will do it?

A couple of days on this. Afterward all I had to do was mention it and they behaved.

I didn't have a "regular" punishment for them. I know I grounded them forever a few times but that didn't last quite so long. The thought of it being forever got to them though. My son told me recently that I used to ground him for half a year at a time or so it seemed.

When he was a bit older he used to come in late at night and get into playing online games. He had the headset and mic, but his yelling as he was playing disrupted the household. That was something no amount of talking to would break him of. So, one day I got into the electric and put his room on an isolated zone. If he woke me up all I had to do was flip a switch and cut the power to his outlets. Game over. Took a few times before he finally got the hint.
    I only recently fessed up as to how I did it.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by 1563621 View Post
    Have to try the string trick on my 2 leo sons! 34 & 36, Think they will do it?
    I learned this from our Detective Sgt. @ the S.O.
    Sam

Hi Sam,

That is a great trick.

I used to use a multimeter, I told the kids it was a lie detector. I would show them that it worked by setting it to a voltage setting and get them to tell me something that was true and then get them to hold the prongs, of course the needle would not move. I would then set it to resistance and get them to tell me a lie, then when they held the prongs the needle would jump.

Worked good for awhile until they caught on.

KTK

Bought my daughter a fancy show saddle for her horse. Before I gave it to her she mouthed off about wanting a new saddle and that she "deserved it". Whoops - wrong thing to say.

I showed her the saddle - then explained how much it cost - and that she could earn it with chores. We set up a price list and she got a lesson in "earning it".

She was down to $10 owed when a big horse show comes up. She wanted to use the saddle - well guess what, you haven't fully earned it yet - so I rented it to her for an additional $10 that she had to work off before she could have the saddle for good.

Funny, she never mentioned "deserving" anything ever again.

Steve