1. Default Trapdoor SRS request...

I just picked up an interesting trapdoor which I will post in the near future, but anyway, the rifle is a Model 1888 and the serial is 545102 ..Thanks for any help..Mike

SRS has no listing for that number the records jump from 545096 to 545156. Many rifle in the range may have been used by one of the Militia volunteer regiments during the Spanish War. Does the stock have any numbers pressed into the stock anywhere?

3. Default

Thanks for the quick response...And to answer your question, yes, there is a large 7 on one side and on the other a smaller 7 over 801 and on top of the stock near the butt plate there is an I or a 1 over a 10 stenciled in paint....I will post photos when the weather improves...Thanks again, Mike

Most likely unit marked by a Guard unit. New York did a lot of this. May have been in two different units? 10th NY was a separate company and ended up in Hawaii. Or seventh NY?? Or seventh Ohio? Some units went overseas [google the 10th NY and their hell trip to Hawaii, Fed rancid bacon and prunes!]