Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Red,

A disaster can strike anywhere. Hopefully nothing happens to you or anyone who posts here.

KTK

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminvirginia View Post
    From fire to healthcare. RED I am slightly curious as to how your sisters healthcare premium is $3000/month.
    I cannot answer that question... that's what she told me. I suspect that the higher your pay grade the more you pay. She has been with Wal Mart for 40 years. At one time her net worth put her over the millionaire mark. I once saw a $188,000 bonus check. But that was when she was a District Manager and supervising 7 Wal-Mart Superstores in the northeast. Then there was the accident... She and her husband were going back home after attending my wife's funeral and they were T-boned by a drunk driver. He suffered a traumatic brain injury, and she had major injuries including a ruptured spleen. Their losses have been astronautical... Today she is paying $4,000 a month for caretakers for her invalid bed ridden husband. They have no long term nursing coverage. She is now a assistant manager at a neighborhood market and has to keep working so her husband will have health insurance. That is the short story, it would take more time and space to explain it thoroughly. Suffice to say that her premiums have tripled and her copays are ridiculous.
    Last edited by RED; 07-13-2017 at 10:02.

I have several friends whose payments and co-payments are so high that they effectively have no healthcare.