1. Default Auto Ordnance M1 carbine

Sorry to taint this forum to ask about a replica M1. Looking for a fun carbine to shoot. This has probably been asked before but does anyone have any feedback on the AO carbines?

Yes I bought one to keep my Inland and new barrel in the gun safe--The AO has beautiful wood and the plus is,AO has all parts
    new,, so I bought some new springs for the Inland and kept the old ones

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Litt'le Lee View Post
    Yes I bought one to keep my Inland and new barrel in the gun safe--The AO has beautiful wood and the plus is,AO has all parts
    new,, so I bought some new springs for the Inland and kept the old ones
    Good shooter and reliable?

shoots better than my Inland--ya gotta be careful on your mags-some need a little filing-depends on manf.

Beware of AO carbines along with the "New" Inland's. AO has a terrible reputation for very poor quality control. Not just hit and miss but more miss then hit. If you have one that is reliable and doesn't wind up with a bad bolt or uneven wear on the cast parts then your lucky. The Inland's also have the same inherent problems as AO carbines as they use a lot of the same parts bought from AO. If you want a decent shooter then get an older commercial Plainfield carbine. All parts interchange with USGI parts.