Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Burning bad up here

I hope that you folks have it better where you are.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...lief-1.4197826

KTK

Reminds me of Fort McMurray last year. Gotta love this country

3. Default

Bad fires in California again, looks like they're not over the Drought. Doesn't help that they built on desert and near-desert land.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken The Kanuck View Post
    I hope that you folks have it better where you are.

KTK
    Holy crap! Looks like half the province is covered in smoke. Here I was only a few minutes ago nagging about our humidity. If I could send up a couple of our thunderstorms I would.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Blog Entries

Thunderstorms are part of the problem!

6. Default

We have not had a major fire in this part of the state in decades. Mismanagement by the FS has resulted in a huge fuel load and beetle kill has made it worse. FS leaders in D.C. are more interested in blowing kisses at the enviros (Sue and Settle) than in sound practices.

Trucker had a flat coming down from the pass. Chewed up his rim and started a small fire. My neighbor is on the Vol. FD, he said the Feds are looking at charging him for it.

Hope you stay safe.
    Last edited by barretcreek; 07-10-2017 at 07:08.

And of course 2 of the best fire bombers are grounded, tell them to get the Martin Mars up and working.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser, Socrates

Prayers for all involved.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Gosh, I am sorry that people choose to live in a flood plain in Missouri, or in the path of wild fires in the west. I regret that people choose to live in a below sea level area in New Orleans, I am sorry that people commit suicide by jumping off bridges, hanging themselves, swallowing a 45ACP slug, or over dosing with drugs.

But, that was their choice. They voluntarily put themselves at risk... but hard working middle class Americans are to blame and should pay for the losses?

My sisters health care premium is $3,000/month and her copays are crazy. Yet the togors of the world are fine with that as long as their friends, the illegal immigrants, get their health care for free.
    Last edited by RED; 07-11-2017 at 04:45.

10. Default

From fire to healthcare. RED I am slightly curious as to how your sisters healthcare premium is $3000/month.