Default More Grandpa news

My son just called me Grandpa. He and his girl just found out they're expecting. I asked what took them so long. He reminded me I was in my 30's when I had him. This will be my first.
    I think I'm too old now to show them how much fun it is to ride bicycles down stairwells, or how to jump off a garage roof.
    There will be something I can do to put the look of total horror on my kids face. A taste of his own medicine, I say!

Just passing down my Grandmothers curse. She once said that she hopes I have a kid just like me. She was right. Boy or girl...Now it's his turn!
    "Grandpa said I could go in your wallet to buy something anytime I wanted to because mommy's purse is off limits"
    Last edited by JB White; 07-09-2017 at 03:01.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

HAHAHA I hear you man!

I'm with you JB, my mom put the same curse on me and I passed it on to my kid.

KTK

4. Default

My Dad used to tell me that the last thing he wanted to hear out of my brothers and me on a Saturday morning was, "Hey, let's build a ramp!"

What I heard was the following: Just wait, your day will come.

John

Congrats JB. Real fun will be just around the corner. Just ask any Grandpa here.
    Last edited by JohnMOhio; 07-09-2017 at 09:15.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    My son just called me Grandpa. He and his girl just found out they're expecting. I asked what took them so long. He reminded me I was in my 30's when I had him. This will be my first.
    I think I'm too old now to show them how much fun it is to ride bicycles down stairwells, or how to jump off a garage roof.
    There will be something I can do to put the look of total horror on my kids face. A taste of his own medicine, I say!

Just passing down my Grandmothers curse. She once said that she hopes I have a kid just like me. She was right. Boy or girl...Now it's his turn!
    "Grandpa said I could go in your wallet to buy something anytime I wanted to because mommy's purse is off limits"
    I usually just climb on the Harley. That shuts them up. Or they want to go for a ride.
    100_0172.jpg
    Member OFC

Thanks for the well wishes. We had a little impromptu gathering with both side of the family yesterday evening. Some people I haven't seen in a few years so it was nice to see them again. Jokes abounded. Can't tell some of them here with the "racist rules" in place but I'm going to risk one anyway just to give you guys the general gist of where our families are at.

Being half German and half Puerto Rican, we can expect a Sauer-Chop kid with a switchblade, hell-bent on taking over the world! Favorite food will be carnitas und spaetzle.

Congratulations. There is nothing that is as much fun as spoiling a grandchild and then when they are hyper from all the chocolate that you've given them, to hand the kid off to the parents and leave

...and leave....leave them with the loudest and most annoying toys I can afford.

Blog Entries

Grand kids are 2 things; first they are little "revenge machines". Buy them a drum that they can play with only at home. Get them a toy car with a siren.."Nee..nerr...nee...nerr" Next time you go visit the batteries will be out. How about one of those pull toys that 'pops' the little balls or a duck that quacks?

Secondly, grand kids are a second chance to do what you didn't or couldn't with your kids. Hug them every chance and tell them you love them.