danco101 Guest

Default SRS REQUEST 1903 Springfield

delete
    Last edited by danco101; 07-19-2017 at 08:21. Reason: delete

2. Default

Your receiver dates to 1907. Check barrel on top just aft of the front sight for manufacturer and date...Photos?

danco101 Guest

Thanks, I got that already from Brophy's book, I was hoping there was some Military history to it, It has a SA"05" barrel on it with a mint bore, (original Rod Bayonet rifle rework) so I am removing that to save for a later project, the receiver has the Hatcher hole in it so I thought maybe a USMC re issue due to that hole. Most of the hatcher hole guns were rebarreled with late barrels at rebuild time.

Sorry no hit.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by danco101 View Post
    Thanks, I got that already from Brophy's book, I was hoping there was some Military history to it, It has a SA"05" barrel on it with a mint bore, (original Rod Bayonet rifle rework) so I am removing that to save for a later project, the receiver has the Hatcher hole in it so I thought maybe a USMC re issue due to that hole. Most of the hatcher hole guns were rebarreled with late barrels at rebuild time.
    Have any pictures ?

6. Default

Many early 03s that I've seen (04-08) have 05 dated barrels so there is a possibility that it is original to that rifle. But I am by no means an expert(except when it comes to the use of said rifles). I find them fascinating.
    Last edited by el Woodman; 07-17-2017 at 02:01.