Default M1903 Springfields At Today's Bastille Day Parade in Paris

July 14 is Bastille Day in France. To mark the occasion a huge parade on the Champs Elysee in Paris was held. The US was invited to have its military represented, and was given the first place in the parade due to the 100th Anniversary of the US participation in WW1. Stars & Stripes reports that 1st Division soldiers, in doughboy outfits and web gear, led the parade.

About 145 soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines from various European Commands and the 1st Division were in the parade.

It's nice to see the M1903 Springfield Rifle still soldiering on. Vive la France.

Regards,
    Charlie

Cool!!

Nice picture. Remember there probably wouldn't be a USA without the help of the French.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

The only thing I dislike about these pictures . . . . and I've seen it in about all of the Hollywood movies, over the years . . . is the EMPTY cartridge belts!!

You would think by now, some bright spark would come up with some type of "filler" to put in place of the "dangerous" cartridges, to make these belts look like the soldier carrying the rifle was "ready for action"!

To me, this ranks right up there with the BOLTLESS rifles seen in the last inaugural parade, and the Hollywood actors wearing helmet liners INSTEAD of steel pots in all those WW2 movies!! --Jim

5. Default

Or a France without the help of the pre Obama USA!