Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I no longer have my Lee Turret presses. They were fine for cranking out 3-400 rounds of 38 special or 45 acp for an evening at the local range. That was a while back. I wasn't all too impressed with them. The slack reared it's ugly head when doing tougher chores. The "bolt-on" feeds and powder dispensers left a lot to be desired as well.
    Now I just use the old Lyman O-Mag and a Lee O-frame press (forgot the sales name...Challenger...Classic? The heavy one.) That one is for my 1 1/4" dies of which I only need to crank 25-50 rounds at a time. The Lyman doesn't have the 7/8 - 1 1/4 insert like the RCBS and a couple others do. It does however handle any case forming I need with ease.

My reloading habits have changed. Instead of making up a lot of rounds from start to finish, I prep all my brass shortly after using. Then when I want some more after my stockpile gets low I just make up some batches at my leisure. Time I can make since retiring, and since retiring I haven't worn a wristwatch. I don't even have a dedicated reloading bench anymore. I needed the extra room in my shop. The gear and components are all stored neatly in large Rubbermaid tubs.
    Last edited by JB White; 07-20-2017 at 09:17.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**