Dean's Gun Restoration
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's now legally OK for me to wear my Redskins cap ...

I dislike them so how about the "Washington Bureaucrats", or the "Synders" after their feckless owner.

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Indian names for teams do not really imply any type of racism whatsoever.

Leave the Indian names alone. Only a few are complaining and their support comes from narrow minded, band wagon jumping white folks.
    Agree. In my neck of the woods many towns, rivers and communities are named after Indians or Native Americans. In the eyes of the liberals I guess this is racist (their favorite word). I feel it is a tribute for the different tribes of Indians. The least America can do for them after killing them and taking their land from them.

The so called "native Americans" walked here over a land bridge that once exsisted between the continents. The OLDEST human remains that have been found are those of a BLACK WOMAN!

4. Default

It's part of the Lefties goal to destroy freedom of speech-at least things they disapprove of -by creating a "right not to be offended" and of course "hate speech"-which they alone will define.
    "Amos and Andy"-probably the most listened to radio program in the US for years. Those guys were invited to NAACP conventions. Fred Allen had his "Allen's Alley" with all the various ethnic/regional stereotypes. There was Titus Moody, the skinflint New England Farmer and Senator Claghorn-don't recall anyone complaining about them. "Amos and Andy" set the pattern for sitcoms-"The Honeymooners" is "Amos and Andy " in whiteface. If somebody established a sports team-the "Palefaces" or the "White Skins"-the PC crowd would be quacking "It's racist!!!!"

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    The so called "native Americans" walked here over a land bridge that once exsisted between the continents. The OLDEST human remains that have been found are those of a BLACK WOMAN!

yes sir. the seas were down all over the world. people could have came to the Americas from Europe as well as asia.

Quote Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
    yes sir. the seas were down all over the world. people could have came to the Americas from Europe as well as asia.
    We need to stay up to date on this. We've all been taught there was more than one race of people.

New hypothesis about the origin of humankind suggests oldest hominin lived in Europe

Date:May 23, 2017
    Source:University of Toronto
    Summary:Scientists analyzing 7.2 million-year-old fossils uncovered in modern-day Greece and Bulgaria suggest a new hypothesis about the origins of humankind, placing it in the Eastern Mediterranean and not -- as customarily assumed -- in Africa, and earlier than currently accepted. The researchers conclude that Graecopithecus freybergi represents the first pre-humans to exist following the split from the last chimpanzee-human common ancestor.

Copied from: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0523083548.htm

Let's see where this one goes because only a year earlier.....:

Before now, fossils found in different places made paleoanthropologists believe that Homo sapiens arose in East Africa and then moved across the continent. However, mysterious human fossils from other parts of Africa didn’t seem to fit in with this story, and caused scientists to wonder where they fit into the Homo sapiens puzzle. The remains discovered in Morocco will help solve these mysteries, even as it suggests new questions for further research.

copied from: https://futurism.com/new-discovery-o...man-evolution/

And the hits just keep on comin'!
    So, just where did these guys come from?

Last edited by JB White; 07-01-2017 at 06:11.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Last year the speaker at one of my regular Friday Luncheon Club meetings was the Director of Education of an Indian Reserve here in Ontario. In addition to discussing the issue of Indian education, he discussed the use of Indian nomenclature for sports teams and in particular discussed the Washington Redskins. He very politely made the point that the name is demeaning and offensive to Indians and went on to say that every time that he sees people waving tomahawks he wants to be ill. Like most people I had never given the issue a lot of thought but then I tried to see it from their point of view and realized that if the the name Redskins were replaced by a similar visual reference to any other group, then all Hell would break loose. I will leave it to you to think of what those names might be as I would not want to offend any readers of this site.
    Someone said to me, "What if they named teams after YOUR ethnic group?"

I was shocked! Imagine teams named the Fighting Irish or the Boston Celtics!

8. Default

I can't think of any teams that have really German names. I'm offended-we're the largest immigrant group. But we have all the breweries so I suppose that makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawknj View Post
    I can't think of any teams that have really German names. I'm offended-we're the largest immigrant group. But we have all the breweries so I suppose that makes up for it.
    Do you mean names like, the Germantown Krauts or the Toledo Teutonics? Even the San Jose Bavarian Bombers wouldn't bother me one iota. Stadium vendors yelling, "Knackwurst! Get yer knackwurst here!". Uhhh...I don't think tossing schnitzel down the aisle is a good idea though.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    I agree that in many cases the use of Indian nomenclature is meant as recognition of their positive characteristics. The name "The Braves" is surely meant as a compliment but the name "The Redskins" is a term that has a history of being derogatory and really should be retired. I suppose that since the team is in Washington, they could give themselves a political name such as the Senators, the Congressmen, the Lobbyists, the Incompetents, the Crooks, etc - but then that would really be derogatory
    They chose that name because their first coach was a full-blooded Indian. HE considered it a compliment, and who are we to gainsay him?