Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting closer

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Update: CreateSpace (Amazon) has approved the files for printing! All that needs to be done now is one final fly-speck pass through the physical proof (on its' way to me) and my sign-off. Book should definitely be available for purchase on Amazon before the end of the month. As things progress, I will obtain, and maintain, a small stock for the purpose of local sales, and being able to provide autographed copies to those who desire same. This will take a little more time to set up.

Thanks to all for your help, patience, and support.
    I'm extremely excited about this Book!

At my age I'm used to waiting. Should I send you a check now and speed up the process?
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Anyone who wants to do so may send a check or postal money order, for $29.95 to P. O. Box 1367, Colusa CA 95932. That will include priority mail postage within the US. Be sure to state that it is for the new book. If you wish a special inscription, include that info with your order.

I need to stress, at this point, that the book is NOT yet released to print, and so I cannot say exactly when shipment will be made. That said, apparently, they can - when they want to - operate pretty quickly, since they are shipping my five proof copies one (1) day after I placed the order! I don't know whether they are showing off, or if I hit them at a lull, or what.

Also, I have a good stock of the .58/.50 books on hand, and if your copy is showing wear, and was not signed, now would be an excellent time to start over fresh. If the two ship together, add $16.95 to your order.

Thank you!

Just to see if this now allows posting. I will get one from Dick when he has them.

"Checks in the mail!"

In my case, no lie, it really is!
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Check received! Thanks. Through a screw-up on the printer's part, I just received five extra proof copies. If you don't mind, I'll send you one - I'd appreciate another pair of eyes going over it; I've read it so many times I'm getting cross-eyed. There are some cosmetic things that I've already fixed, but am looking for incomplete sentences, dropped words, awkward text placement squeezed between pictures, perhaps your thoughts on whether I've overdone the bold and italic highlights, general appearance - things like that. Think I'm still on schedule for release prior to the end of the month. OK? Anyone else? (max. of 2, first come, first served)

7. Default

I'd be happy to look over a proof copy.

Ill take a look
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser, Socrates

I'll need your mailing addresses. Email to richardahosmer@comcast.net

Thought I'd posted that little tidbit already - another senior moment.

Dick, you flatter me! But, YES!, I'd be more than happy to peruse a proof copy.