Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Getting closer

Got mine everything great, thanks
    kurt

New supply of books just arrived, after a week in transit.

I have found a couple of potential errors in my postal receipts. If anyone has ordered book(s) more than about two weeks ago, but not received them - please let me know, along with your address, via email at richardahosmer@comcast.net. Thanks.

Dick, a check is in the mail.

jn

Dick, just to let you know I have downloaded both books from Amazon on my kindle nice books great info have read through most of the 58-50 one and browsed the 45-70 one.
    One thing though is the first one downloaded to my kndle paperwhite fine but had to get the kindle app on my tablet to get the second one it is not configured to work on a paperwhite.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the heads-up. Unlike the hardcopy, I have no control over how they do the Kindle formatting, but I do know that there have been several successful downloads - including one luminary who complained - bitterly (including a 3.0 rating) - that the book on rare arms did not cover his common one. Kinda like buying a book on bears, and complaining that there were no tigers in it.

I'd be glad to take the Kindle matter up with them, but I do not speak Kindle - have you complained to Amazon? If not, perhaps you could try, since you can properly describe EXACTLY what happened? Again thanks, and I'm glad you are enjoying the books.

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Jim,

Thanks for the heads-up. Unlike the hardcopy, I have no control over how they do the Kindle formatting, but I do know that there have been several successful downloads - including one luminary who complained - bitterly (including a 3.0 rating) - that the book on rare arms did not cover his common one. Kinda like buying a book on bears, and complaining that there were no tigers in it.

I'd be glad to take the Kindle matter up with them, but I do not speak Kindle - have you complained to Amazon? If not, perhaps you could try, since you can properly describe EXACTLY what happened? Again thanks, and I'm glad you are enjoying the books.

Dick
    Dick, the way I found out was trying to purchase the kindle book to my paperwhite and kept getting an error message that no kindle device registered for that account for that download. Had to get on with live chat to get it sorted out. The Amazon lady sent a list of all the devices it was formatted for and the kindle paperwhites were not listed only Amazon's newest devices and tablets, phones, etc. in android operating system with the kindle app downloaded and set up. I have the list if you want it can send by e mail attachment.

Jim

Sure, I'll see what I can do. Are you saying the "paperwhite" is obsolete? At some point, support drops off for older stuff. MacDraw was one of the very best and (best of all) most intuitive, drawing programs ever made, but it is gone now.