Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting closer

Default Getting closer

Here is a link to the "preview" just posted on CreateSpace who will be printing my new book, hopefully within a couple of months. Feedback (on their form - so as to build up credibility with them - as well as any informal comments here) greatly appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1220518

Yes - I AM aware there are a couple of minor typos, etc. - decided to try their Preview thing on a whim, in a bit of haste, late at night!

I LIKE IT! (Sorry, didn't mean to shout!)
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

It appears you are going to have a very useful and attractive reference, Dick Hosmer. I am looking forward to purchasing an autographed copy from you for the Holidays!

Looking forward to its release. Will be adding it to my reference library.
    Scout

Congratulations Dick! Finally!

Well, it's been an "experience" (including losing my editor/publisher who wanted to reduce his backlog of commitments) and took way longer than I thought it would (since my discipline was lousy and I kept accumulating guns and tidbits of info) but, here it is - Look for it on Amazon towards the end of the month, ASSUMING nothing comes up in their final review process, currently under way. 325 pages, hundreds of photos ......... $24.95.

Front Cover ONLY for Web Use.jpg
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 07-04-2017 at 12:10.

Congratulations, Dick! I'm really looking forward to getting a copy.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

I'm looking forward to purchasing a copy Dick. I like the way you integrated the full rifle pics vertically. Nice touch and better use of text space. I will be ordering a copy!

Update: CreateSpace (Amazon) has approved the files for printing! All that needs to be done now is one final fly-speck pass through the physical proof (on its' way to me) and my sign-off. Book should definitely be available for purchase on Amazon before the end of the month. As things progress, I will obtain, and maintain, a small stock for the purpose of local sales, and being able to provide autographed copies to those who desire same. This will take a little more time to set up.

Thanks to all for your help, patience, and support.

I ended up recently using the new Amazon print publishing system. In hindsight, maybe I should have stuck with createspace. Amazon doesn't send you a printed copy for review nor do they send copies for the author to hand out. I had to purchase my own copy to review and glad I did as there were some formatting errors that didn't readily appear in the electronic review. Also, it appears that the createspace template is very close but not exactly like the Amazon template. I had my book in the createspace template and that created some minor pagination problems with Amazon.

Good luck - looking forward to reading the new book!